Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks pregnant and vomiting

(22 Posts)
mum2jakeyroo Sat 30-Aug-08 07:29:50

i am 34 weeks pregnant and have had horrible stomach ache since 4am and been vomiting on and off since about 5. do i need to contact doctor do you think or is it just a bug.

LackaDAISYcal Sat 30-Aug-08 07:33:51

It sounds like it might be a bug, but I would call the GP and get checked out just to make sure all is well.

Make sure you keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water smile

hope you feel better soon.

belgo Sat 30-Aug-08 08:09:05

yes agree with Lackadaisy.

FlightAttendent Sat 30-Aug-08 08:13:14

Oh you poor thing sad

Whereabouts does it hurt? If the pain is just under your ribs it could possibly (rarely) suggest something called pre eclampsia but this is quite unusual, and would have to go hand in hand with other things like headache, high blood pressure, etc.

I think the best thing is to see your midwife or GP as soon as possible this morning, just to rule out anything serious - but as Belgo and Daisy said, it is probably just a bug so don't panic! smile

mum2jakeyroo Sat 30-Aug-08 08:42:46

It is sort of under my ribs/top of bump. Just got no energy either and feel really light headed. Will give gp a call. BP has been fine. Due to see mw on Monday for check up. I hate it when you feel ill when pregnant cos you don't know if you are over reacting.

FlightAttendent Sat 30-Aug-08 08:53:18

Yes call out of hours GP just to put your mind at rest. I know, pregnancy is so full of the unexpected that you never can be sure if you are supposed to be concerned about things! I hope it's nothing to worry about and you'll be fine soon xx

belgo Sat 30-Aug-08 08:59:45

definitely speak to the GP today. (or midwife). Don't leave it until monday. You're not over reacting - any illness during pregnancy will make you feel more ill then usual- and it's very hard to know if it's anything bad for the pregnancy.

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Sat 30-Aug-08 09:03:16

I would speak to a mw if I were you. Also if you are dehydrated this can bring on braxton hicks - which will be unwelcome if you are feeling awful anyway.

It's probably just a bug, but get some reassurance and peace of mind - it's a great tonic.

LackaDAISYcal Sat 30-Aug-08 09:20:00

hmm....I had awful braxton hicks at 33 weeks when pregnant with DD so much so that thought I'd gone into early labour. Turns out it was directly related to me being quite dehydrated and was recommended to have at least 3 litres of water a day and to cut back on caffeine.

mum2jakeyroo Sat 30-Aug-08 09:29:00

I have had what I thought were bh for the last 3 days - this feels different. You have convinced me I am not being a wimp - will ring now. Do I ring GP or maternity unit. You wouldn't think I had 2dc already would you

FlightAttendent Sat 30-Aug-08 09:32:02

I think I would ring the unit myself. They can get you in and check your BP etc. If they tell you to ring the GP then do so.

Don't be fobbed off, this could be worth getting sorted as if it was PE it could progress rapidly.

Are you still being sick?

FlightAttendent Sat 30-Aug-08 09:32:31

They'll also check for protein in your wee, which is another sign.

FlightAttendent Sat 30-Aug-08 09:34:01

Have a read here

It describes the sort of pain you should be concerned about - under right side ribs. Also sudden onset of vomiting etc.

mum2jakeyroo Sat 30-Aug-08 09:34:47

Not really - just really nauseous - and vomiting bile. (TMI - Sorry) Not ate anything to be sick with

FlightAttendent Sat 30-Aug-08 09:37:13

Ring them now and ask to be seen - you need to get your BP and urine checked out.

Let us know how you get on x

mum2jakeyroo Sat 30-Aug-08 10:13:36

Am just waiting for doctor to ring me back. Rang mat unit and they said ring gp as didn't think it was maternity related. Will let you know and thanks all.

mum2jakeyroo Sat 30-Aug-08 11:19:24

Am just going through to hospital to see doctor who will then advise. Taking mat notes just in case.

LackaDAISYcal Sat 30-Aug-08 11:41:45

Good Luck jakeyroo, hope all is well and it's just a bit of a bug.

Let us know how you got on, won't you? smile

LackaDAISYcal Sat 30-Aug-08 20:35:26

any news jakeyroo?

mum2jakeyroo Sat 30-Aug-08 23:19:22

Only just got back - Went to see on call gp 40 mins in one direction, who referred me onto maternity hospital, 40 mins in opposite direction. Got monitored, had an internal (yuck), took swabs and bloods and given the ok for now while we wait for results - stopped being sick just feel really weak and drained and still got stomach pains. Then had to go back and pick up dc from near first hospital. and then 40 mins home. What made me move to a small village??? I am knackered so going to bed. Thanks all for your support

LackaDAISYcal Sun 31-Aug-08 07:29:35

I hope you feel better soon jakeyroo and that the tests all come back clear.

Good Luck smile

LiegeAndLief Sun 31-Aug-08 08:58:51

Sorry you've been feeling so rough. Hope all is well but make sure you chase up your bloods - I had symptoms very similar to yours with normal bp and urine, my bloods showed I had severe pre-eclampsia but the results got lost between the hopsital and gp. I assumed because I hadn't heard anything everything was fine. Hopefully yours will be fine, but make sure you find out! Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now