Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

im just not happy

(9 Posts)
girlylala0807 Fri 29-Aug-08 14:01:45

I wanted to have a child for nearly 3 years. There was tears, trauma coming to terms with the fact it might never happen.

So here I am 7 weeks and 5 days gone and im bloody miserable.

Im so tired of feeling sick all the time. Morning sickness kicked in yesterday, but only after i just eat in the morning then stops which is a good thing.

Im going on holiday in a week and im dreading it. Im so tired/emotional/moody all the time I pity those who are going to have to suffer me.

I guess I just thought id be elated. Sadly im not.

Rant over.

xx

justaboutagrownup Fri 29-Aug-08 14:03:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

staryeyed Fri 29-Aug-08 14:06:47

Oh I really empathise. I am expecting second child much wanted but now Im actually going through the pregnancy although Im excited Im bloody miserable- suffering sickness and feel exhausted. I was the same with my last pg but it did get better when the sickness went away and then I was really looking forward to the baby.

buttercupbabe Fri 29-Aug-08 14:11:48

I think that the 1st trimester can be particularly hard with all the hormones a bit out of whack. It's perfectly normal to be tired/emotional and moody and to feel miserable even though it took you a long time to conceive. Wait until you're about 14 weeks and I'm sure that you'll start to feel better or at least less tired which should help.
I'm 35 wks pg with dc2 and now have the exhaustion and tiredness upon me again- not to mention the worry of how will I cope with 2 but I know that once this lo arrives I will be just as elated as I was with the arrival of ds.
Hope you feel better soon.

Sunflower100 Fri 29-Aug-08 14:14:42

Totally sympathise with you....Im at the same stage with dc2 and just remembering how much I didn't enjoy being pregnant the last time - good news is you'll probably feel a lot better around weeks 12-15 when the sickness and hormones calm down and you feel a bit less tired ......oo Im counting the days.... Also the bubba at the end is worth it!

miomaolalalalala Fri 29-Aug-08 14:58:19

i have just come through the awful bit where it feels like food poisoning and sea sickness and i'm now 12 weeks..the nausea has gone. this is my fourth pregnancy (fingers crossed third baby)and you honestly forget...a few weeks ago i said to my husband if something bad happens i absolutely cannot do this ever again. i felt so ill i could barely brush my teeth without vomiting and couldn't be bothered brushing my hair.this is with a lively 4yr old and 18m old

mind you after the labour of first baby i hoarsley croaked never again. once you have your baby though you will be so glad you went through it..

girlylala0807 Fri 29-Aug-08 21:38:41

Im glad its not just me!!

Your support helps.

I hope the people around me can understand just as much.

xxxxs

turkishdelightful Sat 30-Aug-08 11:04:47

Poor you, I'm 41, miscarried at 9 weeks 6 years ago and gave up on having babies and now I'm 7 weeks pregnant and totally traumatised by it all as it most certainly wasn't planned. Fed up with being tired and emotional. If this pregnancy continues, maybe I'll relax and begin to 'enjoy' it, if this is possible!

saramoon Sat 30-Aug-08 15:13:18

Know how you feel. I had bad morning sickness with both my dds (now 2 and 3)and was thrilled to find out i was pregnant both times but then a week later i was nauseous 24/7 til about 16 weeks. It doesn't even feel like you're pregnant does it? Just sick and unbelievably tired and miserable. It feels like it is never going to end, i know. I struggled to brush my teeth and i remember my DH having to help me have a shower one time. But it does pass and you will feel better in a few weeks time - and then you will feel properly pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now