Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone feel damp all the time???

(13 Posts)
broodymom Thu 28-Aug-08 23:28:02

I feel damp have to constantly use panty liners i dont remember it being so bad in previous pgs! maybe its a weak bladder? as i feel the need to pee every 5-10 mins !! hmm

Hoonette Fri 29-Aug-08 06:15:10

I had this and it turned out to be thrush - I had no other symptoms so it took me some time to realise it!

nickie2 Fri 29-Aug-08 10:40:26

me too - it was thrush. i thought my waters had broken early and went to the hospital to get it checked out blush. treatment was just one pessary so easily got rid of

BlueJellie Fri 29-Aug-08 15:17:39

I've got the same problem, am wearing panty liners, just thought was increased discharge due to being pregnant. I've had thrush before and it was itchy so how shouldn't it be the same in this case? Seeing my midwife on Monday do they have to check u out before giving u the pessery?

BlueJellie Fri 29-Aug-08 15:18:58

I've got the same problem, am wearing panty liners, just thought was increased discharge due to being pregnant. I've had thrush before and it was itchy so how shouldn't it be the same in this case? Seeing my midwife on Monday do they have to check u out before giving u the pessery?

BlueJellie Fri 29-Aug-08 15:20:53

eek! Double post sorry!

broodymom Sun 31-Aug-08 09:49:45

Hi i see my mw 2mrw so i will ask her its def not thrush ,but i have spoke to another pg friend and she feels damp also i think its just an increase in cervical fluid.

islandlassie Sun 31-Aug-08 19:00:58

Sorry to butt in in convo but (TMI WARNING)

is your discharge normal with then an extra clear wet patch around it in your underware? I'm 37 weeks, happening for a couple of days now.

woose Sun 31-Aug-08 19:34:47

Mine is exactly the same islandlassie and I am also 37 weeks. I have always just assumed it is increased due to pg. Does seem a bit watery though!

BlueJellie Sun 31-Aug-08 20:30:22

yeah mine is just like that!

kraftwerkkittie Mon 01-Sep-08 08:15:12

in my case anyway, i'd had thrush before and it was itchy, but this time not. i knew that you were supposed to have extra discharge, so i assumed it was alright. then one day i could feel liquid coming out, so I went to the maternity ward to be checked just in case and they took a look, said it was thrush and prescribed me a pessary.

if you're concerned, ask your midwife about it. I find them very vague because, really, I can't describe the colour of the discharge and don't know how much is normal etc etc. It's not a big deal so don't worry, but it's probably worth asking them to check if you're seeing the midwife anyway

Peabody Mon 01-Sep-08 08:16:44

I think thrush can be different during pregnancy.

I wasn't itchy at all.

Questionkid Mon 01-Sep-08 17:40:56

I love mn, it always reassures me about things that I thought were just happening to me! I've had exactly the same 'dampness', but with thrush symptoms. I didn't connect the two. I thought this was a sign of things to come and that I better start working on my pelvic floor exercises! It's better this week, as are the thrush symptoms, so must be one and the same thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now