Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constant peeing....

(12 Posts)
ScaredOfEverything Thu 28-Aug-08 19:31:07

...hi everyone
I am 20 weeks with no 1. On and off (mostly on!) for my whole pregnancy Ive had to pee ALL the time. And Ill start to feel like I need to pee when there is hardly anything there (sorry if TMI).

Im not sure if

1 - this is just normal and I should put up with it...

2 - it has something to do with the fact my uterus apparently slopes the wrong way or...

3 - something else? an infection? something i should worry about?

Any advice gratefully received. Thank you!

aurorec Thu 28-Aug-08 19:49:18

I was the same and I also have a tilted uterus. I never thought about it maybe it does have something to do with?

I think it's just normal sadly.

I have nights when I get up 10 times to pee.

ellideb Thu 28-Aug-08 19:50:27

It may be an infection such as cystitis and you might not feel any pain as pregnancy can disguise it. I've just had a urine test done today and they found traces of ketones and protein so have sent it off for analysis saying I might have an infection, if I have then I don't feel as though I have. See your midwife about it.

ellideb Thu 28-Aug-08 19:51:18

Forgot to add, I'm always going to the loo though, somethimes for only a tiny amount!

biglips Thu 28-Aug-08 19:54:25

Does it smell or dark colour wee?

as whenever mines smell very strong i know i have one. Best to get it checked out esp if pg.

ScaredOfEverything Thu 28-Aug-08 19:59:17

Is just normal wee!

Unforch "my midwife" is a bit of a joke concept where I live. See a different random each time, no one answers the phone, and you are lucky to get an appt within a month....

I guess I will just put up with it!

MrsMattie Thu 28-Aug-08 20:02:41

I have been like this since I found out I was pregnant and still am at 27 weeks. However, a fortnight ago it got worse and I was diagnosed with a UTI. Anti-b's sorted it out. I didn't have cystitis like symptoms - stinging, pain etc - just needed to wee all the time.

Don't put up with it. See your GP. A quick test of a urine sample will tell if it's a UTI.

ScaredOfEverything Thu 28-Aug-08 20:25:06

thanks mrsmattie
dont mean to be dumb but what is UTI (im going to google it right now...)

majormoo Thu 28-Aug-08 20:25:33

I am 25 weeks and am the same. I get ready for bed, go to the loo and have to go again by the time I am in bed! Had the same when pregnant with my DS-it was just one of those things. I also have a retroverted/tilted uterus so maybe that does have an effect, not sure.

LoveActually Thu 28-Aug-08 20:28:24

I'm 21 weeks and apart from a couple of weeks have been peeing 4 times a night. Apparently this is all totally normal.
We had the anomaly scan yesterday and I had to pee twice, the baby is sitting quite low in my uterus and I'm quite small so my poor bladder's being pushed around a bit!

MrsMattie Thu 28-Aug-08 20:37:52

No probs! UTI - urinary tract infection. Really, really common in pregnancy.

ScaredOfEverything Thu 28-Aug-08 20:45:57

thank you. shall break the golden rule of pregnancy sanity and google it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now