Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this baby playing musical statues???

(5 Posts)
RIBS Thu 28-Aug-08 15:23:51

Im 37+5, baby is engaged according to midwife and all ok. Except this baby has been very very active all the way through my pregnancy, wriggles around like a worm almost constantly. Yesterday he/she just went really quiet, it was half 10 before moved at all and that was only a bit. Its moved around a little bit more today but not much. Is this normal at this stage? I know there cant be much room in there but it was just like some1 turned off the music!!

Aubergenie Fri 29-Aug-08 09:10:02

Are you getting at least 10 movements in 12 hours? If you are at all concerned you should phone your midwife.

feedmenow Fri 29-Aug-08 09:15:38

RIBS, if it is a noticeable difference I would call your midwife/day assessment unit and get them to check you over. Won't take long to check heartbeat, maybe even stick you on the monitor for half an hour. DOn't worry about making a fuss about nothing or anything like that. Afterall, thats what midwives are there for!
There is obviously less activity at this stage, and I'm sure the baby is fine, but if any concern has even entered your head I would get it checked out (and today, before the weekend!!)

RIBS Fri 29-Aug-08 09:49:10

It is still moving so im sure its fine. I was just concerned that its been flailing around like an olympic gymnast, then within a day its movments have slowed down dramatically and have changed from the arms and legs flapping about to it just pushing down and to the side. Does it just have longer rest periods at this stage?

biglips Fri 29-Aug-08 09:51:43

my baby didnt move for 2 days @ 36 weeks and on the 3rd day she went WHACK.....ouch! It must've of been having a loooonnnngg rest!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now