Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

why do my feet ache so much more just because im pg?

(5 Posts)
mad4mybaby Thu 28-Aug-08 13:48:21

If i just literally cook the tea for example my feet really ache like ive been on a mammoth shopping trip or been wearing heels or day. You know that achy feeling on the balls (?) of the feet? 27 weeks and didnt have this with ds.... feet dont look swollen. I cant really walk for very long at all anymore

LadyBuzz Thu 28-Aug-08 15:38:54

Hi Mad4mybaby I remember you from the Nov08 thread - hope you are keeping well. I am exactly the same I can only stand for very short periods of time or I feel like my feet are going to explode, not swollen to look at but they also feel very hot alot of the time. I find a bowl of cold water helps as does the Avent mum to be coling foot gel. I also keep a water spray by the bed for night time.
I'm guessing its just the extra weight creating more pressure over the small area!

MrsTittleMouse Thu 28-Aug-08 15:46:42

Extra weight and the ligaments relaxing.
Did you not get the size-up effect when you were pregnant last time? Fingers crossed that mine goes away again this time around - I want to wear all my nice shoes again!

ajm200 Thu 28-Aug-08 15:48:40

I got like that with DS1 but am ok this time round. He was a very long baby and I'm only 5' 5" so my bump was absolutely enormous and really messed up my posture.

Suspect a combo of extra weight, bad posture caused by carrying a ball of baby and fluid on your front and those pesky pregnancy hormones softening everything up

To check for odema (swelling) press your finger into the skin behind the ankle bone. If the depression stays for a second or more, you do have some swelling. I didn't think I had any last time round as my whole legs were puffy so my feet didn't look any bigger. The MW did that test and I was amazed.

expatinscotland Thu 28-Aug-08 15:53:11

i'm nearly 32 weeks on and feel EXACTLY the same!

no swelling to speak of, but my feet so ache just from standing a short time.

this baby, our 3rd child, is a boy and the bump is ALL in front. with the girls, by this point, i was swollen like a zepplin all over by this point.

but this baby is like a huge basketball shoved under my top. the rest of me has stayed the same.

it is HELL on my back and feet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now