Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else have no symptoms?

(19 Posts)
bagofhammers Thu 28-Aug-08 10:00:18

I am 11 weeks with my third pregnancy and so far feel absolutely nothing. I don't know if I should be worried or count my blessings. How normal is it to have no symptoms (apart from no AF and BFP of course grin). I am having my scan on Monday but atm I'm very nervous.

tablefor3 Thu 28-Aug-08 13:46:44

I had none beyond a slightly more intense sense of smell (but didn't trigger nausea) and a rather magnificent new bosom!

I know what you mean about not wanting to feel sick and tired, and yet expecting that that's how it will be. I'm sure that everything will be fine.

dilbertina Thu 28-Aug-08 13:49:20

What sex are your previous? I had lots of symptoms with dd but virtually none with ds... although this could be entirely coincidental..........

bagofhammers Thu 28-Aug-08 14:30:55

I have a ds and a dd. And I don't even have a magnificent bosom. Only 4 days until scan. I have got up during the night to pee a few times but not every night.

rubles Thu 28-Aug-08 18:34:34

What symptoms did you have with ds and dd?
I am only 6+3 or something, but I have had only the faintest bit of nausea now and again. When I say faint I really do mean faint, almost in my imagination, whereas for my 2 dds I had the boobs, weird eating, spots and vomiting. It is very scarey to feel so completely normal, isn't it.

I really hope the scan is good. Can you let us know, to buoy those of us up who are worrying in the same way?

hobnobs Thu 28-Aug-08 18:55:51

I'm 6+3 with my first and had really low HCG levels at the start (I had IUI so they automatically gave me a blood test, but then made me have two more to make sure the levels were doubling).

Though my breasts are now feeling tender, particularly first thing in the morning, and I really struggled cooking a shepherd's pie at the weekend, I've had no nausea etc and was starting to worry, compared to reading about how sick everyone else feels!

Anyway, this morning I had a routine scan at the clinic and they found a heart beat so I've decided to stop worrying about the lack of symptoms! grin

Pebblemum Sun 31-Aug-08 12:06:38

Im almost 19wks and pg with my 4th baby but hadnt had any symptoms either up until 2wks ago when my nipples started to feel like they are on fire. I wasnt even showing yet with my 2nd and 3rd I was looking 6months gone by the time I was 16wks. With my other three I knew I was pg straight away but this time around the only sign was a missing AF but even then I wasnt worried because I'd had a coil fitted 6months before and had put it down to that blush

Not having the symptoms has meant it took longer for it to sink in that I am pg again. I must have done around 10 tests before my first scan and have even done a couple more since just to reassure myself lol

mrsfossil Sun 31-Aug-08 12:45:27

hello I had pratically zero symtoms with ds1, i just felt a bit tired and didn't like the smell of wine that was it. I went on to breeze through my pregnacy although baby was so comfy he really didn't want to come out (ended up with section) My mom had no nausia with me and my sister has had v.few symtoms with her 3. Ask your mom what her symtoms were like

karma Sun 31-Aug-08 20:06:32

Hi bagofhammers, just wanted to wish you good luck for your scan tomorrow. Hope everything is ok, and do let us know how it went.

ruddynorah Sun 31-Aug-08 20:12:04

with dd i was ok, got very tired towards the end but otherwise ok.

with this one (9ish weeks) i'm a wreck. so so tired, nauseous and hate the smell of everything.

bethoo Sun 31-Aug-08 20:13:19

you may be lucky or in a few days/weeks be as sick as a dog then wish you had not been so worried grin

EllieG Sun 31-Aug-08 20:13:56

I didn't really. First PG - plenty symptoms, then MC. Second, practically none, and healthy happy DD.

zoejeanne Mon 01-Sep-08 16:12:42

The only symptoms I had were pre-menstrual type ones - greasy hair, grumpy, period pains in my lower back - all of which convinced my I was just late. Several tests were negative or didn't work. Eventually I did get a positive test at 7 weeks (well several, cause I didn't belive them) and was genuinely surprised to see a little baby at the first scan. Even by 12 weeks, I wasn't convinced I was pregnant and expected to be sent away from the hospital with a ticking off for wasting their time, pretending to be pregnant!

ILoveDolly Mon 01-Sep-08 16:27:43

my only clue was late period and a slight aversion to the smell of coffee. i suppose i started to get bigger boobs but even they were not that much bigger until after about16 weeks. at no point in my pregnancy did i have any nausea. Lucky? I made up for it in late pregancy by being so huge uncomfortable and irritable grin

chunkychips Mon 01-Sep-08 16:43:44

Message withdrawn

karma Mon 01-Sep-08 17:32:05

Bagofhammers, how did the scan go?

notsoslimnow Mon 01-Sep-08 18:23:40

had absolutely nothing whatsoever until i hit 35 weeks, then just felt big and a bit achy but apart from that NOTHING! wink

bagofhammers Mon 01-Sep-08 21:05:30

Had scan today and everything is fine. Its such a relief. I might actually enjoy this pregnancy.

karma Tue 02-Sep-08 20:35:55

Wonderful news, and reassurance for many who like you don't have symptoms. Thanks for updating us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now