Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did your third child arrive sooner that your other two?What to expect on third labor?

(9 Posts)
inni Thu 28-Aug-08 09:04:22

My DS was born at 38+3 and the labor lasted 22 hours and lotsssss of pain.So when I was pregnant with my DD y thought could be nice deliver by the same time. At 38+3 I was delivering my DD. This labor was completely the opposite and last 3 and half hours. It was a beautiful experience. I'm pregnant with my third and would like to hear some stories about third time around. If I'm likely to have a shorter labor and the same weeks of pregnacy.

ConstanceWearing Thu 28-Aug-08 09:08:02

you wouldn't like to hear the story of my 3rd labour grin Not a good one, but I had 3 more, so it didn't put me off that much.

And it was nothing that didn't pass, and the daughter I had from it, well, she makes true the saying 'no pain, no gain'. She is very close to my heart.

Sure that doesn't help, but good luck with your pregnancy and labour, anyway.

Ledodgy Thu 28-Aug-08 09:15:36

My first labour: 19 hours established but long painful run up to that for 2 days.
39+4

Second labour: 40 minutes start to finish. 39+4

Third labour: Waters broke (had never broke before labour with the other two) then nothing happened for 12 hours. Established labour was 6 hours.
39+4

MegSophandEmma Thu 28-Aug-08 09:18:30

DD1 was born at 41+6 weeks as was dd2 and were both induced labors. DD1 23 hour labor, DD2 was 13 hrs.

With DD3 I went into labor myself 40+2, arrived at hospital with mild contractions and was 6cm dilated on arrival whhhoooo hooo lol. Delivered her 4 hrs later.

inni Thu 28-Aug-08 09:41:26

i've read some stories and usually the third one come at the same week that the second or sooner and the labor get shorter as well. Well ledodgy you sure were exact on the weeks.

Ledodgy Thu 28-Aug-08 09:55:54

I know it's good isn't it. I was getting techy the night before I was going to be 3 days early because I was usaly in labour by then, went to bed in a right mood and then my waters broke! grin

Ledodgy Thu 28-Aug-08 09:56:02

*usually

Ledodgy Thu 28-Aug-08 09:56:20

and not techy I mean tetchy!

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Thu 28-Aug-08 09:57:18

1st was emergency section
2nd was 23 hours 55 minutes
3rd was 12 13/4 hours and was fab (only because I was unaware of the emergency unfolding and that I pushed him out in 7 minutes)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now