Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

where can i get a maternity support belt?

(9 Posts)
misdee Wed 27-Aug-08 19:49:20

i went to see community midwife oday about pain in hips etc, she is writing ti get me referred to physio but could still be a couple of weeks away sadangry she suggested a support belt. where can i get one? what do i need to know?

am struggling to walk any distance atm, dh is going to be taking over the school runs as i cant do it.

am seriously considering getting some crutches as well.

sad

Spoo Wed 27-Aug-08 19:51:42

The physio will give you one. Is there no chance you could see her sooner?

Moomin Wed 27-Aug-08 19:52:11

Misdee - you can have my old one if you like - and you dont mind a 2nd hand one. I'll find a link to show you what it's like. I got it from my physio at the hospital when I had spd with dd2.

misdee Wed 27-Aug-08 19:54:55

am a sze 22.

midwife said it could be 2-4weeks till i get an appointment.

i cant wait that long sad

Moomin Wed 27-Aug-08 19:56:10

bit like this

It helped for the days I had to work / walk. I also had crutches as well which I used from time to time.

Moomin Wed 27-Aug-08 19:57:31

Mine was a 'large-extra large' and has lots of velcro to adjust the size. I'm a 16. If you like I'll dig it out and see if I think it will be big enough and post again later

WobblyPig Wed 27-Aug-08 19:58:36

I got one from John Lewis.

misdee Wed 27-Aug-08 20:00:30

thanks moonim.

shall i CAT you?

looked in mothercare and it doesnt go up to my size there.

have midwife at hospital appointment on monday so wil lsee if it can be pushed through quicker.

Moomin Wed 27-Aug-08 20:02:49

I'll go and find it then post on this thread later. If it sounds any good I'll give you my email address then have it taken off again. see you later x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now