Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

for those who know what sex they are going to have :) do you know what day you ovulated and what day you conceived?

(8 Posts)

thought it would be interesting i have my 20wk scan on friday and going to find out the gender

i ovulated day 36 of my cycle and we conceived either day 30 or 33

MrsTittleMouse Wed 27-Aug-08 17:23:34

First day of LMP is day 1.
Ovulated on day 14.
Conceived on day 15.
Having a girl.

I can't remember which way round it is though. Isn't the theory that X sperm hang around longer, but Y are faster, so that if you want a girl you have sex before ovulation and afterwards for a boy?

IdrisTheDragon Wed 27-Aug-08 17:57:35

DS was conceived on day 14 of a 28 day cycle

DD was conceived on day 8 of a 28 day cycle.

Don't know when I ovulated, but presume it was after DD was conceived smile

ye that is the therory for a boy make luv after or on day of ovulation and for a girl before ovulation

ForeverOptimistic Wed 27-Aug-08 18:29:26

Ds was conceived on day 17 of a 30 day cycle, no idea when I ovulated!

lisasimpson Wed 27-Aug-08 18:37:13

had sex up to and including the day of ovulation and both times had a boy which fits with the theory.

notcitrus Wed 27-Aug-08 19:55:05

Boy, but no idea - about day 100!
LMP says I should have given birth a few months ago...

LadyThompson Thu 28-Aug-08 16:58:49

I think there might be something in those theories about boy sperm being faster but dying sooner, and girl sperm being slower but more robust (hare and tortoise!) - sex on Day 13, ovulated on Day 15, and yes, I already know it's a girl smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now