Talk

Advanced search

I need some cheap summer maternity clothes!

(8 Posts)
McDreamy Tue 26-Aug-08 16:04:32

I am just growing out of my normal clothes and walking around in shorts with the buttons undone is getting difficult.

I live in Cyprus but only until October. I have plenty of winter clothes when I go back but it's summer stuff I am short of. It's really hot here at the moment! As I am only here for about the next 8 weeks I don't want to spend a fortune but I was thinking with the terrible summer the UK is having there might be some great sales on at the moment?

I'm not really into the cypriot fashions - maternity or normal!!!!

earthpixie Tue 26-Aug-08 16:14:09

I'd have a look at things like the Matalan and Primark sites as they are offloading summer stock and tunic tops would probably be fine for you. Ebay too - I just got a top and linen trousers for less than a tenner inc postage.

McDreamy Tue 26-Aug-08 16:15:59

Ok, do they deliver? I will check them out.

wombleprincess Tue 26-Aug-08 17:02:14

ebay?

McDreamy Tue 26-Aug-08 17:02:50

Hmmm not being inspired by ebay!!

PetitFilou1 Tue 26-Aug-08 17:27:03

What size are you? I'll send you a couple of tops for free if you'll pay the postage! Still in good condition (size 12 equivalent)

I'm offloading as dc3 is my last one grin

charitygirl Wed 27-Aug-08 14:28:13

If you are here for another 8 weeks, you should definitely coincide with at least one of Gap's periodic maternity sales - I find them to be the only shop that does proper maternity sales.

For instance their 'halfway up the bump' trousers (which I love) sell full price between £29-39. But I have bought three pairs all between £9 and £15 in the sales. And a lush pair of white under bump trews for £11. Oh, and some super useful cargo type pants were honestly about £6.

AND I haven't needed to buy any maternity tops as Gap's normal Tshirts have remained long enogh to cover my (now 36 week) bump. And they are often in the sale. Love them!

So go to a Gap with a maternity concession. If there is stuff you love you can buy it full price, but you could keep checking back til you leave.

JezzaJ9 Wed 27-Aug-08 15:32:39

Ebay is great, I didn't want to spend too much money so I got a job lot for £16 its been great covered everything from work to lounging in the garden.

Also a neat little trick is to buy oversize boob tubes from primark they are really cheap and allow you to keep wearing vests etc if you wear them underneath your boobs they can extend anything and look like just another layered top.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now