Talk

Advanced search

shitey mc shite. Aitch is being admitted to hospital today, 33 weeks pg with pre-eclampsia, they're talking about sectioning me by the end of the week. and <sobs> the baby hasn't grown in two weeks. the poor litte thing is only about 3lb... it's too early. am freaking out, come join me, please...

(443 Posts)
Aitch Tue 26-Aug-08 15:42:56

and i'll see if i can MN from my mobile phone when i get to the hosp.

any good stories? SKG? whomoved?

and what will happen with breastfeeding?

oh FUCK. i'm so upset. sad she's too wee to come out...

expatinscotland Tue 26-Aug-08 15:44:07

oh, aitch!

do you still have same mobile no. as you had when last we texted?

DrNortherner Tue 26-Aug-08 15:44:29

Oh God. Sorry, have no experience, but I can be with you in MN spirit.

Thinking of you and little aitch.

xx

Backgammon Tue 26-Aug-08 15:44:45

Oh I'm so sorry, Aitch, I hope you are ok. Sorry no advice at all but will be thinking of you xxxx

Upwind Tue 26-Aug-08 15:44:57

Hope all goes well for you and your little one.

filthymindedvixen Tue 26-Aug-08 15:45:03

oh god Aitch, I'm sorry to hear this.

<<sends positive hippy vibes>>

Have nothing constructive to offer but I wish you lots of love and luck.

sarah293 Tue 26-Aug-08 15:45:03

Message withdrawn

EffiePerine Tue 26-Aug-08 15:45:10

so sorry to hear this Aitch

Friend recently had baby at 33 weeks, I think 32/33 weeks is a major milestone? Placenta praevia rather than pre-e (so crash CS and not elective), bfing fine, baby doign really really well.

Hope all goes well for you - will be thinking of you and mini-Aitch

womblingalong Tue 26-Aug-08 15:45:35

OOh Aitch, not that regular a poster, and no useful advice to give, except to send loads of positive vibes.

corblimeymadam Tue 26-Aug-08 15:45:44

Message withdrawn

Ceolas Tue 26-Aug-08 15:45:49

Oh god, thinking about you and the little one aitch xxx

thisisyesterday Tue 26-Aug-08 15:45:55

oh Aitch,m poor you.
fwiw, pre-eclampsia doesn't necessarily mean an early birth. my aunt went to term despite it and had a healthy baby. hopefully the same will be true for you.

also, don't trust growth scans!!! they can and do get it wrong (even the measurements they take can be wrong if baby is at the wrong angle) so make sure you have been thoroughly checked by the best there is ok?

hope all goes well.
if you have time now google for kangaroo care of prem babies. also check kellymoom for breastfeeding them.

ruddynorah Tue 26-Aug-08 15:46:06

oh aitch sad

they're saying section possibly end of the week? what about through the week? lots of monitoring i expect, which is a good thing. they'll try to keep the baby in as long as possible.

thinking of you xx

Mikafan Tue 26-Aug-08 15:46:28

but if the placenta isn't feeding her properly then she HAS to come out to have a fighting chance. Try and chill out and relax and know that the hospital will do all they can to look out for you and your baby. BF can still happen too, you will pump in the hospital to get your supply going and it will be fed to your baby. It can all be sorted out. Good luck and let us know how you get on. x

sarah293 Tue 26-Aug-08 15:46:31

Message withdrawn

lulumama Tue 26-Aug-08 15:46:40

ok, don;t freak just yet

you might not have a section this week .. and if you do , you will have steroids before delivery to ensure your wee ones lungs are good to go

3lb is small,but not too small... but the paeds etc will be prepared, and your baby will get excellent care

as regards BF, you know the drill, skin to skin as soon as you can, express whilst looking at your baby and touching if possible. might take a while to get sucking going, but letting her lick and get to know the breast to start with is good.

i can totally understand your feelings of upset and panic though.

take BF phone numbers in with you too

hanaflower Tue 26-Aug-08 15:47:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tortoiseshell Tue 26-Aug-08 15:47:39

Oh Aitch, good luck! It is early, but not horribly horribly early. My neighbour got pre-eclampsia at 20 weeks, and had the baby at 24 weeks, she was only 1lb, and is now nearly 2!

Btw, in the title, when it said 'sectioning me' I assumed you meant the other sort of sectioning, and I thought 'blimey, not heard of that for pre-eclampsia!'.

good luck - I'm sure it will be fine.

feetheart Tue 26-Aug-08 15:47:51

Two of DD's friends were born at 32 weeks, one about 3lbs, one closer to 5lbs. Both in SCBU for a while but had caught up with their full-term peers by 2 yrs and now, at 5.6, you would NEVER, EVER know.
HTH

Good luck with it all, thinking of you.

Ceolas Tue 26-Aug-08 15:48:10

fwiw, dh has twin neices, one of whom was 3lbs 5oz at birth. She's a healthy nine year old now

MrsTittleMouse Tue 26-Aug-08 15:48:34

Oh no, I'm sorry. I hope everything goes well. For what it's worth, from friends who have been on bedrest due to early contractions/waters breaking etc., everyone seems to breathe a big sigh of relief after they passed 30 weeks and each week after that was considered a blessing.
Friend's babies were all OK, by the way, and didn't suffer any long term effects, despite being premature.

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 26-Aug-08 15:49:07

sad Sorry to hear this - no advice, but hope all goes well for you.

ScaryHairy Tue 26-Aug-08 15:49:28

A friend went into premature labour and delivered at 32 weeks. Her baby is fine, and my friend managed to establish a milk supply through pumping even though she couldn't b/f directly.

I'm thinking of you both.

aitch!! they are going to section you??? are you that mad???grin

oh poor love.
they will try to keep her in as long as posible and the care these days is so good.

bran Tue 26-Aug-08 15:49:52

Fingers crossed for you Aitch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now