Talk

Advanced search

morning sickness - shivers normal?

(10 Posts)
Bicnod Tue 26-Aug-08 15:36:26

I'm 5+5 and started feeling nauseous 2 days ago. I haven't actually been sick but I feel a bit shivery with the nausea... Are the shivers normal? Thanks

Bicnod Tue 26-Aug-08 15:58:15

anyone?! blush

RIBS Tue 26-Aug-08 16:28:21

I found out I was pg in January and I was freezing for the first 6 months, it was only when I went on holiday in June that I felt I was thawing out.
I wasnt too bad during the day but id be shaking with cold on a night! Was chuffed to bits when it got hot!

Bicnod Tue 26-Aug-08 16:32:29

ok - that's reassuring... thank you

Cookiemg Tue 26-Aug-08 16:36:01

I am 8 weeks pregnant and I too have been nauseous most of the time which has been accompanied by shivers and chills as though I have low level flu.I think that it goes hand in hand with just not feeling great

Bicnod Tue 26-Aug-08 16:39:18

I'm so relieved to hear this - sorry, I don't mean that I'm pleased that you're getting it too!!! I was really worried that it was something worse... will stop panicking now

Cosmogirl Tue 26-Aug-08 16:39:45

Yes - shivers over here too. Not fun.

Bicnod Tue 26-Aug-08 16:45:43

No - not fun at all

Although I have to say that the morning sickness, although horrible, is making me realise that this is actually happening to me!

First pregnancy so not really got my head around it yet...

LittleMyDancingForJoy Tue 26-Aug-08 16:48:03

Shivers over here too - I think it's linked to low blood sugar, and my body focusing its blood supply on the baby and the placenta, instead of on keeping me warm!

Tsk.

ellideb Tue 26-Aug-08 16:52:53

I found in eary pregnancy that I felt cold all of the time and I thought it was really strange as I'd always ehard stories of pregnant women feeling the heat more than usual. Don't worry, it will soon pass and before you know it you will be complaining about how hot you are feeling, with swollen fingers and ankles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now