Talk

Advanced search

finding mattress for old moses basket...help!

(15 Posts)
lulu1414 Tue 26-Aug-08 13:38:15

My DH found his old moses basket/ wicker crib thingy and would like to use it once our little bundle arrives. So where do I find a mattress and sides for it?? Any ideas?

smilesattheweekend Tue 26-Aug-08 13:40:47

Hi Lulu - I have just got a second hand moses basket and need the same, I had looked on Ebay where they sell the covers and mattressess,you can search for new ones.

FlightAttendent Tue 26-Aug-08 13:53:31

Hi, there was a shop on ebay where they will make you up a mattress to any size - I had one made for our old folding cot and it was fine.
Only about £20 for a large cot mattress, moses basket likely to be cheaper.

Can't remember the shop name but they were quite prolific, lots of listings - so have a look in the right category and you'll probably find it. smile

Either that or measure it and you might find somewhere like mothercare do one that'll fit.

FlightAttendent Tue 26-Aug-08 13:54:24

I have several barely used ones here actually, if one of them might fit - is it round ends or square?

But I understand if you want to get a new one! wink

Chaotica Tue 26-Aug-08 13:58:27

Kiddicare.com do them (if you're in uk)

leesmum Tue 26-Aug-08 14:08:10

I got a new mattress for ds2's moses basket from Toys-r-us

lulu1414 Tue 26-Aug-08 14:34:33

Thanks all! A wealth of information!

Flight- I think it is round ends, but I am at work now and don't have it in front of me. I'll check.

Anglepoise Tue 26-Aug-08 22:56:20

I got one here - fast and cheap! (and I had to send a template as it's a weird hourglass shape)

SushiMama Tue 26-Aug-08 22:58:24

John Lewis or Mamas and Papas

bogwobbit Tue 26-Aug-08 23:03:05

I went to the Foam Centre in Edinburgh (I accept this is probably only useful if you live in Edinburgh though hmm) and got a piece cut to size.

AlexanderPandasmum Tue 26-Aug-08 23:05:36

Take the old mattress with you to Mothercare - they sell a wide range of sizes and types and if you take the old one you can simply hold it up against the different sizes smile.

kraftwerkkittie Sun 07-Sep-08 20:21:40

They always say to buy a new cot mattress, but rarely mention the Moses basket. Do you need a new mattress for a MB in the same way that you do for a cot?

cargirl Sun 07-Sep-08 20:27:25

you only need a new mattress when the foam is exposed rather than being completely sealed in, so in short it depends on what kind of mattress it is.

Lubyloo Sun 07-Sep-08 20:32:45

Mothercare used to be able to order in made to measure mattresses. Not sure if they still do it.

Sycamoretree Sun 07-Sep-08 20:37:13

I also used a site on ebay - got great service. I just measured the old mamas and papas moses basket and sent them the measurements and they did it to fit. Around 16 quid I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now