Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pre eclampsia in first two pregnancies - what happens this time?

(1 Post)
fernie3 Tue 26-Aug-08 10:09:12

hi
I am now 14 weeks pregnant with my third child. In my first pregnancy I had very mild late onset preeclampsia( I was 41 weeks before it arrived!).

My second pregnancy I had blood pressure problems from 25 weeks(was put on medication) and proper preeclampsia came at 35 weeks and I had my son at that point.

I had no extra checks last time as I was told I probably wouldnt get it again and it was only because I had bought a wrist blood pressure mon and walked up to the day assesment unit that I was actually diagnosed with preeclampsia when I was.

This time I have a consultant appointment at 17 weeks and really I was wondering what to expect.Is it likely I will have extra appointments etc and if so what will it involve? I am worried about the baby as it was only after my son was born that they realised he had not been getting enough food etc - he was very tall but like a little skeleton!.

I hope this post makes sense! I get worried even talking about it.

sophie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now