Talk

Advanced search

18 weeks pg. Felt some movement and now none. Worried

(5 Posts)
EvaB Fri 18-Feb-05 07:52:59

I am 18 weeks pregnant and was feeling the odd movemenet from the baby. Some obvious little kicks, pops and swishing sensations. This is my 4th baby.

I have not felt anything for three days now and am worried. I have tried all the tricks but nothing works. I can't remember going so long without movement in the other pregnancies. I am going on holiday today for a week (in about 6 hours actually). Can someone put my mind at rest that I am perhaps expecting too much to feel movements every day when the baby is so small?

ggglimpopo Fri 18-Feb-05 07:59:20

Message withdrawn

Toothache Fri 18-Feb-05 08:35:54

EvaB - The baby has perhaps moved to another 'corner' of the uterus. They have so much room at that stage. Perhaps you only felt the movements before coz of the baby's position? The baby is probably wriggling about like mad, but you are not lying still 24hrs a day waiting to feel something. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but then that's easier said than done! I'm sure the only thing that will reassure you is the midwife letting you hear ther babies heart beating away nicely. Are you catching a flight? Could you pop into the Docs on your way?

Kelly1978 Fri 18-Feb-05 08:48:41

Your plancenter may have shifted, and be sheilding the baby's kicks. Try laying in different postions and you mgiht feel something. I would also agree with toothache, pop in and have a listen for your own peace of mind. Maybe the delivery suite might be able to see you quickly, since you don't have a lot of time to go to docs?

Pamina3 Fri 18-Feb-05 08:51:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now