Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wasp sting - could it cause any problems?

(9 Posts)
EightiesChick Mon 25-Aug-08 23:05:48

Got stung by an evil wasp today that just went for me. Luckily I was stood outside a branch of Boots so went in and saw the pharmacist, who said use plain itch/sting cream (E45) rather than the Wasp-Eze stuff which has anaesthetic and antihistamines in. It's much better now but is there any chance the sting could harm the baby, get into the blood or whatever? Do I need to check this out any further?

Sallypuss Tue 26-Aug-08 09:24:28

I had similar a few weeks ago and checked with my midwife at my regular antenatal appointment - absolutely nothing to worry about. Pesky things aren't they?

pucca Tue 26-Aug-08 09:27:54

Does it really hurt being stung? just interested as i have never had one, i always run like the wing grin

pushchair Tue 26-Aug-08 09:35:07

Been stung twice whilst pregnant and at no other time. Could they smell the difference? no problems either time

CantSleepWontSleep Tue 26-Aug-08 09:43:02

No.

pucca Tue 26-Aug-08 09:44:12

The wind not the wing lol grin

belgo Tue 26-Aug-08 09:45:55

it does hurt, wasp stings hurt less then bee stings.

It probably hurts about the same amount as when you stub your toe really badly.

Bee stings are worse because they leave in the sting, and that should be removed as it can cause infection. Wasps don't leave in the sting, but they still really hurt.

fledtoscotland Tue 26-Aug-08 10:24:08

it will hurt but unless it has spread overnight there's nothing to worry about. I have been stung this year by a wasp and it was fine. last pregnancy i got stung when my dog disturbed a nest of wild bees. ended up with big reaction and antibiotics but the reaction had developed within about 4hrs.

My policy now - RUN grin

EightiesChick Tue 26-Aug-08 13:02:41

Thanks all. It did sting afterwards but there was no reaction. Just wondered as my midwife's day is Tuesdays so if there were any doubts I would pop in today. Cheers.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now