Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Restless legs???

(23 Posts)
chloemegjess Mon 25-Aug-08 22:33:38

Hi. I am really suffering with realy restless legs. May not sound bad but its awful. I thnk its far worse than the morning sickness etc. I had resteless legs all the way through my last pregnancy and have it already at 5 weeks.

Please tell me there is a miricle cure! I really cant deal with this for the next 9 months!!

I am sooooo tired but cant sleep because of it, cant sit still or relax at all!!

Help!

EasyRider Mon 25-Aug-08 22:35:08

bananas

EasyRider Mon 25-Aug-08 22:37:37

try here

not sure where the banana theory come from, someone on my antenatal thread told me grin

EasyRider Mon 25-Aug-08 22:39:50

and here is another thread on it

the banana things is maybe to do with potassium

EasyRider Mon 25-Aug-08 22:45:15

and finally, this is very interesting

chloemegjess Mon 25-Aug-08 22:46:09

Thankd. Will get some bananas tomorrow. Shame as I had some in until this evening, when DD ate the last one!

Have read through the info, good to know something proper does exist - its not just me going mad! But it doesn't give you any cures! I already do all of the things on the "self help" list on there!!

chloemegjess Mon 25-Aug-08 22:47:15

Sorry, had only seen your first 2 replies when I posted. I will read through the rest of the info!

Thanks again!

ja9 Mon 25-Aug-08 22:49:10

tonic water as well because it has... ooh can't remember but something good in it!

EasyRider Mon 25-Aug-08 22:55:30

tonic has quinine in it

info on quinine here

chloemegjess Mon 25-Aug-08 22:58:03

I like the very helpful statement in the last one: if you are pregnant, you simply need to put up with the problem until after your baby is born!!! Great!!!

EasyRider Mon 25-Aug-08 22:59:28

lol,

i had it on and off in my pg,

it was a pain in the arse,

try the tonic water thing,

i think you are not meant to have too much though

chloemegjess Mon 25-Aug-08 23:01:56

Will go and by some tonic water tomorrow too!

I dont think I have ever drunk tonic water!

LittlePushka Mon 25-Aug-08 23:03:07

My DH "gets his legs on" all the time he is a complete fidget. He is not PG (not by me anyway) and tonic water does help! Helps me alsoif there is an equal amount of gin in it wink

chloemegjess Mon 25-Aug-08 23:06:14

lol, I dont think gin would be recommended for me while I am preg!

Defo get some tomorrow (toic water)

whiteorchid Tue 26-Aug-08 09:39:22

I sympathise - it's v v v annoying. I'm up half the night with restless legs (at the start of the night), toilet trips (every couple of hours) and leg cramp (randomly in between).

Try placing a pillow between your legs. A friend recommended this - and I was a bit sceptical - but it has helped a bit.

chloemegjess Tue 26-Aug-08 10:27:08

I sleep with a pillow between my legs anyway. I have a big maternity pillow that i bought from mothercare when I was preg with DD and just didnt stop using it when she was born (she is only 8 months) and still using it now I am preg again.

Its good to know I am not alone. I think if you have never had it, you probably wouldnt be able to see how bad it is and probabbly wonder what the fuss is about!

fledtoscotland Tue 26-Aug-08 10:29:14

anaemia can cause restless legs so make sure you have your blood checked by your MW

KnickersOnMaHead Tue 26-Aug-08 10:42:20

Message withdrawn

babyignoramus Tue 26-Aug-08 12:58:18

I'm getting this too - I'm more wakeful at the moment anyway cos of pregnancy insomnia/waking to go to toilet. I've found throwing off the duvet (at least from my legs) and sticking on some moisturiser to cool them seems to help.

Slickbird Tue 26-Aug-08 14:43:00

God I know, it's bloody awful. I really sympathise. I got it badly last time and I have started getting it again, in my legs but also in my right arm which I have to keep thrusting up in the air to stretch. Honestly, what we have to put up with!!

chloemegjess Tue 26-Aug-08 18:24:03

I look mad, keep wiggling my legs like a mad woman!

KnickersOnMaHead Tue 26-Aug-08 20:16:44

Message withdrawn

JuneBugJen Tue 26-Aug-08 20:18:41

Advice from a top obstetrician (who's dd is preg and had this problem last week) have soluble calcium tablets from Boots or any chemist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now