Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17 weeks and strange feeling of pressure deep in tummy - normal?

(3 Posts)
Questionkid Mon 25-Aug-08 18:25:35

I'm new on Mumsnet and find it so useful reading everyone's advice, so now I've got a question of my own I'm hoping people can help. I'm 17 weeks and have developed a strange feeling in the very bottom of my tummy in the past couple of days, in the muscles that you would normally clench to hold your tummy in. They feel like they don't want to clench, and I can generally feel pressure in the area when I try the clench. Is this normal? Just the muscles stretching perhaps? It's so difficult to know if all is well as I'm not feeling the baby moving yet so I'm convincing myself that this means something's wrong. What do people think?

dan39 Mon 25-Aug-08 19:18:22

I am 17 weeks too and think I have something similar - a feeling of pressure, sort of, down low. i am not sure if its where the muscles clench or not...if you are worried tho and don't have a midwife appt any time soon, give her a ring - they are very good at reassurance! I wonder if its the beginning of the mysterious 'feeling it move' business - cos my sensation is definitely an awareness of something in there...

Questionkid Mon 25-Aug-08 20:18:37

I know exactly what you mean when you say 'an awareness of something in there', that's exactly how I'm feeling. My signs of being pregnant so far have been nausea early on, tiredness now and things like changes in my sense of smell, but nothing physical. I think this is probably just the first physical sign (other than feeling it move) but as it's my first pregnancy it's so difficult to know what's good and what's bad. I'm really reassured by the fact that you describe something similar. Apparently the baby goes through a growth spurt at 17 weeks so my common sense tells me that this is just my body dealing with that, but I'm a natural born worrier! Thanks for the response, I'll probably call my midwife tomorrow for some more reassurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now