Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What are Mothercare maternity clothes sizes like?

(19 Posts)
Mandy73 Mon 25-Aug-08 13:17:23

I'm tempted to order a couple of things online but the dress I fancy is only left in a 10 (I'm normally 10 - 12 with dresses). Reckon it'll be tiny around bust & upper arms?

Never been PG before or got anything from them.

Thanks!

KnickersOnMaHead Mon 25-Aug-08 13:20:37

Message withdrawn

Mandy73 Mon 25-Aug-08 13:30:36

Many thanks KnickersOnMaHead yeah I suppose it's best to drag myself over there on the bus but not tempted... (yaaaawn)

bikerunski Mon 25-Aug-08 13:40:26

I've found their tops are huge! My normal size in maternity wear is still too big at 37 weeks!

i am a size 10 and i bought size 10 maternity perfect fit

scorpio1 Mon 25-Aug-08 14:05:43

big sizing imo

Mandy73 Mon 25-Aug-08 16:02:22

Many thanks girls, went ahead and ordered this in a 10 for autumn, hoping it's reasonably forgiving or at least looks OK a bit clingy. wink

MrsMattie Mon 25-Aug-08 16:10:38

I don't find them great. I've had a few basics - vests, jersey trousers - from there which have been OK, but mostly I find it ill fitting and just not very nice!

Mandy73 Mon 25-Aug-08 16:12:35

Well I'll report back when I get this one.

So happy there's GAP mat. wear in some stores in the UK now - they're supposed to be brilliant.

MrsMattie Mon 25-Aug-08 16:14:42

Mandy - sorry, I missed that you'd already ordered them! smile

Gap much better in my opinion. Funnily enough, I don't really shop in Gap ordinarily, but have found their maternity stuff really nice. Wish you could order stuff online over here though.

Mandy73 Mon 25-Aug-08 16:34:22

MrsMattie said: Wish you could order stuff online over here though.

I know, I'm gob smacked they don't have online facilities! Luckily PILs live in Guildford and there's a branch who does maternity there. The jeans are supposed to be fab.

Rosa Mon 25-Aug-08 16:47:34

I find Mothercare's stuff generally poor quality - thin and doesn't last well. I don't have a gap ( oh how I wish !) but have found M&S jeans the top so far as comfy 'non jersey' pg wear.

lauraloola Mon 25-Aug-08 16:52:00

I had a few tops from them and found that they lost their shape after a few washes. Their underwear is good though but make sure you try it on first x

Next maternity is much better, worth the money.

Mandy73 Mon 25-Aug-08 17:59:45

All great advice, thanks a lot girls! x

thats lovely

bikerunski Mon 25-Aug-08 22:19:38

I LOVE Gap Maternity. So glad they started selling it in Leeds just as I got pg! And they always have a sale rail, even in the maternity stuff.

Mandy73 Fri 29-Aug-08 17:00:04

The dress just arrived - and it's lovely! Want to wear it straight away... Def. a 'big 10'.

I know what you mean about the quality though, not brilliant seams and the jersey material feels a bit cheap & floppy. Thanks all for helpful comments, they persuaded me to get it and I'm so happy I did - reckon it'll be v pretty for Christmas parties. x

cathym Fri 29-Aug-08 17:11:25

Just want to back up the view the Mothercare stuff isn't that good. Sizes are generally a lot larger than they would be at other shops. I had a pair of trousers and even at the end of the pregnancy I had to fold over the pregnancy bump bit of material. All their clothes (inc baby and kids stuff) seems to be pretty poor quality and quite expensive as well.

Mandy73 Fri 29-Aug-08 17:21:35

Agree with you cathym, got the catalogue with my order and the baby stuff looks so insipid - too many applications on everything and it's all either super girly or super masculine (I feel all that's v old fashioned and not in a good way).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now