loader

Talk

Advanced search

Braxton Hicks?

(4 Posts)
KnickersOnMaHead Mon 25-Aug-08 11:21:01

Message withdrawn

BandofMothers Mon 25-Aug-08 11:23:35

BH feels like a wierd tightening of the belly. You should be able to touch it and feel the hardness of it. Mine never really hurt much, but could get a bit uncomfy sometimes.

BandofMothers Mon 25-Aug-08 11:24:57

mInd you, with dd2 who was 13 days late I did often think I was going into labour but then contractions would stop, not sure if these were practice contractions or just a bit of a start and stop pre labour.

charlie3242 Mon 25-Aug-08 11:38:38

hi im 37wks pregnant with my second and still can't work out what are barxton hicks or the real thing lol last week i had regular contraction like pains so rang the labour ward to see what they recommended and i was told to go in for monitoring only to find they were in fact braxton hicks i've been having them now on a daily basis since and am finding some of them painfull so i guess they are different for every person.they say that with braxton hicks the top of the uterus tends to harden not last long and will be irregular.if your feeling in pain at all with them i'd give your mw or labour ward a call they will be able to advise you best on what it could be hopefully it could be the start for you good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now