Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37wks+3 pregnant and leaking fluid is this my waters???????

(13 Posts)
charlie3242 Mon 25-Aug-08 11:08:11

hi im 37weeks and 3 days pregnant with my second child i had sex with my partner yesterday and since then have been leaking a watery fluid have put a pad in and it is clear and doesn't smell (sorry tmi)it seems to be leaking gradually when i move around but not enough to soak the pad my waters went with a huge gush just before i had my first child so not sure if this is my waters does anyone have any ideas??? thanks!!

BlueJellie Mon 25-Aug-08 11:12:29

I'm having my first so not talking from experience but your waters don't necessarily go with a gush they can leak gradually as well, especially if the baby's head is engaged, does it leak more when you lie down?

Mummyfor3 Mon 25-Aug-08 11:14:46

Charlie, this could be your "forewaters" which tend to trickle rather than gush.

I think it would be wise to have yourself checked out by the midwife. They have test strip that can tell them whether fluid is likely to be waters or something else. They will also be happy to monitor baby for a while and make a plan of action with you.

Good luck.

singyswife Mon 25-Aug-08 11:16:30

I had this (exactly the same as you, sex the night before) and I went to the hosp to get it checked out, I was most embarassed when they gave me an internal and said 'there seems to be some white stuff on your cervix we will take a swab in case it is infection'. I would go and get it checked out as if it is your waters you only have a certain time bafore they start labour. Good luck

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 25-Aug-08 11:19:54

Message withdrawn

charlie3242 Mon 25-Aug-08 11:27:29

thanks for your replies they're much appreciated i just don't want to go into hospital for it to be nothing and sound silly i went in last week as my baby was breech and i was having regular braxton hicks but the baby has turned not sure if she's engaged though i am very uncomfortable and heavy and have noticed the bump has dropped.I'm just unsure if it is my waters as its not a constant trickle it has been coming and going when im moving and there's not alot of it...

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 25-Aug-08 11:30:20

Message withdrawn

charlie3242 Mon 25-Aug-08 11:41:08

i have a pad on and there is no colour to it nor any smell its just damp?

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 25-Aug-08 11:43:59

Message withdrawn

charlie3242 Mon 25-Aug-08 11:47:54

no i don't have a birthing ball but could try leaning over the couch and moving hips i guess, that could work.thanks for your advice will give it a go see what happens then give them a call thanx.

Aitch Mon 25-Aug-08 11:48:19

charlie, don't be daft, get to a hospital. there's a risk of infection if your waters have broken.

bruhaha Mon 25-Aug-08 11:51:15

i started leaking at 32 weeks and it didn't gush. It was more a trickle and i thought i had a wee accident. My waters had broke. You should get it checked - i got an infection after 5 days but luckily it was monitored by hospital and went into labour a week after the trickle started.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 25-Aug-08 11:56:39

It would be your hindwaters, not forewaters. Just means that the sac has broken near the top, not the bottom (big gush)
Keep the pads, call the midwife and ask her. They will tell you if it is or not. Don't panic - it doesn't mean you will get an infection (you have up to 4 days to go into labour if it is) and it might not be anyway but you need to ask the midwife.
Most women go into labout within 48 hours of waters breaking, so pack your bag in case!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now