Talk

Advanced search

Gift for a mum about to have her third boy.

(8 Posts)
jojoisamum Mon 25-Aug-08 09:58:57

I have a friend who is about to have her third boy. She has everything for boys from her last two babies so I am not sure I want to get anything for the baby but may be something for her instead.

Are you a multiple mum? What do you think?

sleepycat Mon 25-Aug-08 10:03:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

birdinatent Mon 25-Aug-08 10:19:09

I agree, I have 3 boys and I always really liked getting nice new clothes for the new baby.

Was a bit disappointed cos people thought I had everything so bought me baby towels of swimming trunks hmm

Mind you, I was also really touched when a friend brought me 5 bags of seabrooks crinkle cut prawn cocktail crisps cos she knew they were my favorite grin. She bought some baby clothes too!!

birdinatent Mon 25-Aug-08 10:20:39

sorry should have read baby towels or swimming trunks. That would be really weird!!!

QuintessentialShadows Mon 25-Aug-08 10:24:27

I agree. When I had my second boy, I felt I could not justify going to buy him any new little lovely baby outfits, blankets, towels, as we already had so much after his brother. I loved getting new little outfits, fresh soft blankets and towels for him as baby gift. Any baby is a new little person, and it does not matter if boy or girl, new outfits just for them, is in my opinion really important as gifts.

Buying something only for mum, would signal her baby is not so important. It IS!

Seabright Mon 25-Aug-08 10:54:32

How about a nice outfit for the baby and a voucher for a local beauty salon for a facial (or something like that) for the mother (plus a home-made "I will baby-sit during your facial" voucher, so she can get out and use it)

jojoisamum Mon 25-Aug-08 12:11:17

Lovely! Thanks for your input. Will get them both something.

Fabeelo Mon 25-Aug-08 12:17:45

I think you should make her a sign that says

NO I DIDN'T WANT A GIRL NOW GIVE ME CHOCOLATE OR FUCK OFF

because you know she's going to get comments

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now