Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

27 weeks pg and baby is not very active - is this normal?

(11 Posts)
ceebee74 Sun 24-Aug-08 19:52:43

Iirc, DS was much more active than this baby is - I have not felt many movements throughout this pg so it is not as if the movements have slowed down otherwise I would probably be a bit more worried - anyone else had a very quiet, inactive baby?

I get maybe 2 or 3 lots of movement a day and they are still really light movements - more like flickers than kicks.

There is no way I would get the 10 in a day that they say is 'normal'.

Some reassurance that this is nothing to worry about would be great!

ceebee74 Sun 24-Aug-08 20:14:07

Bump - anyone?

ceebee74 Sun 24-Aug-08 21:40:28

Anyone??

BlueJellie Sun 24-Aug-08 21:42:21

I'm no expert but I have heard you feel less movement if the baby is facing your spine, and it depends on where your placenta is lying, but shall wait for a more experienced MN-er to comment on that!

I was worried around the 25 weeks mark that I hadn't felt my baby move much, he'd gone from being overactive to underactive! Ended up renting a doppler for peace of mind - he got some energy though before the doppler even arrived but I liked having it to put my mind at rest. (I'm at 35 weeks now and he's having another v.inactive phase this week)

Have you tried the 'lying on your left side' for half hour? My green notes say you should feel at least 3 movements when you do that.

artichokes Sun 24-Aug-08 21:43:30

My first pregnancy was like that. DD hardly moved and I never got really strong kicks or the feeling of her turning. I am now 24 weeks pregnant with DD2 and she is already alot more active than DD1 ever was.

I think foetuses cary just like babies do. DD is still not that physically active for a two year old smile. I would still mention it to your MW though.

pinkspottywellies Mon 25-Aug-08 12:39:10

I didn't get much movement with dd. Partly due to the placenta being at the front I think, which also meant I didn't feel her at all until 22 weeks. It always felt like little prods, and generally in the same place. I never felt her turning or anything like you say.

Like you say, it wasn't any change from lots of movements to fewer so I didn't worry and she was fine. If you're worried I would say ring the hospital and they can have you in for a check if they think it's necessary.

MKG Mon 25-Aug-08 13:06:12

Yes I have had two very inactive babies. In fact most days I didn't feel them except for in the morning before breakfast.

Everyone feels movement differently, just know what is normal for you.

brettgirl2 Mon 25-Aug-08 15:32:04

My mum always said that I never stopped squirming around and my brother hardly moved at all. If it is the same, my brother was also much the same as a baby and just slept all the time so it may be a good thing!

sunshine185 Mon 25-Aug-08 15:35:33

i'm 26 weeks! when i get worried when bubs goes all quiet, i pull my doppler out... maybe invest in one of those, i have the angelsounds one from ebay - under £30! (works better with ipod earphones!)

ceebee74 Mon 25-Aug-08 19:44:09

Thanks for the replies - just got back to this thread now.

Am not particularly worried - it is just so different from DS! It certainly hasn't changed during this pregnancy - baby has always been quiet.

I will mention it at my next ante-natal appointment although that isn't for another week.

Am really hoping that it does translate into a quiet sleepy baby wink Mind you, DS was very active in the womb but has always slept like an angel so maybe this will work the other way round hmm

Wilkiepedia Mon 25-Aug-08 19:47:17

My BF didn't feel anything until about 26 weeks. Her bubs was always quiet and when her waters went she had LOADS of water. They said that could have contributed to lack of feeling of movements.

Her DS was very sleepy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now