Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SPD/Hip Pain - Whats the earliest you suffered?

(5 Posts)
TheHedgeWitch Sat 23-Aug-08 21:16:53

Message withdrawn

BetsyBoop Sat 23-Aug-08 22:50:00

my SPD started at about 16wks in first pregnancy & I could definitely start to feel the startings of it at about 12wks second time round, so you are probably right

What I did do second time round was request a physio referral early on (ie before it gets too bad, first time round didn't end up seeing physio until 28wks, by which point it was really bad).

I saw physio at 18wks second time round & got fitted for a maternity support belt - fabulous - and my SPD was no where near as bad second time round as the belt really helped, together with avoiding all the things that make it worse, like hoovering

sandcastles Sun 24-Aug-08 07:03:20

My spd came at around 12 weeks in my second pregnancy.

The support belt helped me alot & as with BetsyBoop, it wasn't so bad as with preg #1.

KRPC Mon 25-Aug-08 07:12:24

2nd time round my SPD came at around 8 weeks but then went again at around 14 (probably from wearing my belt and being very careful)and has just returned at 28 weeks.

Seabright Mon 25-Aug-08 11:03:59

I've had hip pain from very early (started around 4-6 weeks I think). Whenever I mention it to MW's they just say "oh yes, it's your ligaments". Yes I know, but it hurts!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now