Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

miscarriage in 2nd pregnancy

(15 Posts)
maz32 Sat 23-Aug-08 19:34:12

hi after having a healthy baby, we fell pregnant the other month, and think we are having m/c are waiting to go back for another scan in 10 days. Has any one else experienced this I know we are so lucky to have one healthy baby, but am wondering wot are the chances of having another m/c next timexx

billyog Sat 23-Aug-08 21:15:50

Hi there, I m/c with my second pregnancy, no problems at all first time round. Obviously I was more anxious following the m/c but am now 27 wks and all going well. There's no reason why you should have any problems next time. I do feel for you, its hard having to wait for the scan. good luck.

sunshine185 Sat 23-Aug-08 22:29:11

i am same as billyog and sympathise, i mc second pregnancy, fell pregnant 3rd cycle after am now 26 weeks now... so far so good.. still very anxious though. good luck

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 24-Aug-08 09:08:09

If you are mcing now there is no reason why it should happen again.

maz32 Sun 24-Aug-08 18:05:54

thanx for all ur support, do u know how long your supposed to wait b4 trying again?obviously i have a burning desire to try again xx

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 24-Aug-08 18:08:49

Doc prefer you to wait one full cycle - there's no medical reason for it though.
I'm really sorry to hear it was bad news.

kittyDug Sun 24-Aug-08 18:16:51

Sorry to hear the bad news maz32, I know what you are going thru, I've been there. twice. the doc said that once your periods are back then there is no need to wait but mentally I was advised give it a few months until emotionally I was ready again. I gave it 2 mths the first time and 5 mths the last time. I'm now 6 weeks pg again but I'm a nervous wreck I'm starting to think should I have waited a bit longer, but I suppose their will always be the worry no matter how long you leave it, I hope everything works out for you smile

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 24-Aug-08 18:50:53

kittydug - I left it 18 months and was still a nervous wreck hmm

kittyDug Sun 24-Aug-08 21:02:06

How long are you pg now kat2907. How are you feeling? How many m/c's had you?

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 24-Aug-08 21:40:32

37+3! So fingers crossed the worrying is over..well until it's born and a whole new load of worry starts! I had 2 sort of but I don't really count the 2nd, it was straight after my mmc and only lasted 2 weeks (well 4 but YKWIM)
The bad one was 18 weeks mmc but it had died at 13. Horrible.

kittyDug Sun 24-Aug-08 22:20:23

That must have been very hard, at 18 weeks you would think that the chances of m/c are low. The good news is that you didn't give up and are nearlly theresmile best of luck

maz32 Wed 27-Aug-08 17:00:50

how long has it taken to fall pregnant after miscarriage- i know everyones different of corse!!im just curious xxxxx

diddle Wed 27-Aug-08 17:04:03

Hi. i miscarried my first and 2nd pregnancies at 8 & 9 weeks. Got pregnant before having a period after the 1st miscarriage. Had a month off after 2nd miscarriage and tried fo 6 motnhs to conceive our first child. no have 2 boys and pregnant with a 3rd child. so far so good.

They say if you've only had 1 miscarriage and have carried a child to term, your chances of it happening again are slim.

Hope you're coping ok.

maz32 Wed 27-Aug-08 17:16:45

thanx its just that u always think it wont happen to you which i know is selfish!xxxxxxxxx

mumof3bs1more Wed 27-Aug-08 17:29:30

Hi i had a m/c after my 1st pregnancy at 7 weeks then it took me 6 months to fall pregnant again!I since have had 2 more boys and preg with my 4th child so good luck and hope your ok xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now