Talk

Advanced search

Lack of nausea

(9 Posts)
Raph Fri 22-Aug-08 22:01:09

Further to the thread below, my worry is that I feel absolutely no sick symptoms. It scares me because the general consensus seems to be that the sicker you are, the 'healthier' the pregnancy. Is there anyone out there who doesn't feel sick? I know for all those people who are suffering it must seem I am lucky but it honestly begins to unnerve you when everyone else seems to experience a set of symptoms that you are not. Friends and family seem to be constantly asking me if I feel sick yet and I just don't. I only feel tired.

fryalot Fri 22-Aug-08 22:03:07

out of four pregnancies, I only felt sick in the early stages of one.

With another one I felt sick after about four months

With another one I never really felt sick as such, but perhaps a bit queasy.

I know that it's so difficult not to imagine all sorts going wrong, but there really is no right or wrong way to feel. Tired is normal.

castille Fri 22-Aug-08 22:03:44

I have had 3 babies and no sickness or nausea at all, ever.

It's rubbish about sickness = healthy pregnancy. Enjoy your pregnancy (when the tiredness easessmile and be happy you're not throwing up!

Actually, ask your mother how she was - mine was the same as me.

dizzydixies Fri 22-Aug-08 22:05:26

out of 4 pregnancies I was horrifically ill for only one of them

with dd1 I couldn't get my head out of a toilet for about the first 15wks

with dd2 I had terrible indigestion but no sickness

dd3 a little of both but nothing to write home about

sore boobs? tired? there are other things you're probably feeling but not even noticing smile

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 22-Aug-08 22:05:47

DD sick for 10 days bang on 10.30 every morning.

DS felt sick for 3 days.

Both very boring pregnancies, did have a bit of SPD in 2nd pregnancy.

Nat1H Fri 22-Aug-08 22:09:35

No sickness with either.
Horrendous headaches with DS2.
Knackered with both for first 12 weeks.

Raph Fri 22-Aug-08 22:14:59

No sore boobs, just fatigue. My mum was never sick of nauseous with any of her three pregnancies so maybe I am following her pattern. I didn't even feel flicker of sickness at the beginning, and think I have passed any possible sickness stage now. It sounds ridiculous, but I often feel like I have to defend the pregnancy to people who are amazed that I feel no different. I am going to talk to my midwife about it because I feel really nervous. If I woke up feeling nauseous tomorrow I would be pleased!

ellenjames Fri 22-Aug-08 22:22:22

i didnt feel sick with my second pregnancy with ds but i had really low pregnancy level hormones to the point where i was admitted for an early scan as they thought baby had died. But this was at 17 weeks, but he was fine. Am feeling pretty crap with this pregnancy, but not as bad as my 1st with dd. So i am wondering if the sex has anything to do with it for me, will be interesting if this one is a girl!

limey Sat 23-Aug-08 10:41:10

I had no sickness at all and now 31 weeks pg and everything fine. I had a mc last time and had never felt sick so obviously I was worried stupid this time round. Midwife said that while many women do feel some mild nausea in early pg the constant vomiting we associate with 'healthy' pg isn't anything like as common as people think. The media has a lot to do with it - think about all the tv shows and films you've seen where you know someone's pg cos they are constantly vomiting first thing in the morning! Midwife said that fatigue is a far more common symptom. I was in bed by 8pm until 16 weeks pg!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now