Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FEVER in pregnancy

(8 Posts)
ranirani Fri 22-Aug-08 20:29:36

Hi I am having a slight fever +37.2 which increased in an hour from +37.0. Also have been having headache all day. Is the fever dangerous for baby? and what can I do to bring it down apart from taking paracetamol ( I am not sure I have it in the house and no way of getting it right now as I am by myself with no driving licenseblush, DH is away).
Please any suggestions helpful; this is my 1st pregnancy ; I am 15 weeks PG today,

xx

ranirani Fri 22-Aug-08 20:34:48

just checked: paracetamol I've got is out of date sad

expatinscotland Fri 22-Aug-08 20:36:19

It shouldn't be at that low-grade in teh second trimester.

In my second trimester, whilst pregnant with DD2, DD1 brought home this incredibly vile D&V bug from nursery.

She and DH threw it off in a day.

I spiked a fever and started vomitting until I dry heaved.

NHSDirect arranged an out of hours appointment for me at the infirmary, and I was immediately admitted when I threw up what turned out to be old blood whilst in the appointment room.

I had to have a drip to rehydrate me and this awful anti-emetic injection and they gave me some paracetamol and ibuprofen to help with the fever and admitted me to hospital.

But no long term effects!

Call your midwife team and see what they say.

Take some paracetamol.

lulumama Fri 22-Aug-08 20:36:43

a slight fever will not pose any problem to you or baby. keep hydrated and get a friend or neighbour to get you some paracetomal

aurorec Fri 22-Aug-08 20:58:28

37.2 is not really a fever, 37 is normal body temperature.
Temperature also tends to go up throughout the day, are you sure you got the reading right?

ranirani Fri 22-Aug-08 21:12:14

yeah, i got it right. my temperature is usually 36.6. i am contemplating cold shower

artichokes Fri 22-Aug-08 21:15:11

With DD1 I spiked three fevers over 40 degrees (I always get HIGH fevers when ill). The doctors were not worried as I was past the first trimester, they simply advised me to keep hydrated and only worry if I could not keep water down. I took paracetamol too.

aurorec Sat 23-Aug-08 12:17:58

How is your temperature today?
I've just checked and the average body temperature is 37. Yours is obviously slightly lower than average.
Anything under 37.5 is not really considered a fever.

Best thing to do is keep drinking lots of water and just rest. If the headache is manageable I wouldn't take anything for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now