Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

C-Section

(6 Posts)
Jael Fri 22-Aug-08 15:38:13

I'm not pregnant yet, me and DP are actively trying, however, I had such a horrible labour with DD now 2 1/2. 26 hours of full labour followed by emergency c-section. I'm wondering, can I just plan for a c-section right from the start, I really don't want to go through what I went through last time. Jael x

cathym Fri 22-Aug-08 15:42:05

I have heard of people being offered c-sections just on the grounds that they have had one before so this shouldn't be a problem. I've had a c-section and been told that because of that I will need an appointment with a consultant to discuss options for the next birth so I'm sure you will get the same opportunity to make your case for another c-section.

I've got the opposite concern. I'm worried that I'll be pushed into having a c-section just because I've already had one and don't want to beg for a trial of labour.

sherbetdipdab Fri 22-Aug-08 15:44:57

At the hospital I'm under they routinely offer VBAC if you had a section previously but you can say no thanks. They don't pressure you either way unless there is a very good reason.

But it seems not all hospitals all like that?

fifisboys Fri 22-Aug-08 15:53:02

I had emcs with ds1 and said from the start i wanted elective cs with ds2. I had appointment with a consultant at around 34 weeks and gave my reasons for wanting one, bad experience last time, needed to plan childcare for ds1 etc.
I had ds2 at 39+2.
If you make your intentions clear with your mw she she should refer you.

beansprout Fri 22-Aug-08 15:55:06

I had an elective section this time as a) ds2 was going to be big and b) I was still officially traumatised from the first time. It's a discussion you will need to have with your consultant but there is a lot of support out there (and on here) to try and resolve what went on during the first birth too.

Jael Fri 22-Aug-08 16:03:34

Thankyou for all your replies. Just have to get pregnant now, this is only our first month trying, after I had my mirena coil out at the start of July, and after doing some reading up, it could be a while before I fall pregnant again. I really don't want what I went through last time, I had PND afterwards, it was truly horrendous (sp) I wanted to make sure when I do fall pregnant again,that I could have a planned C-Section. Jael x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now