Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Woke up this morning with a dizzy, off balance feeling

(7 Posts)
mum2bagain Fri 22-Aug-08 13:06:55

I've had it most of the day after waking up with it this morning. Its not terribly bad, but enough to make me sway a little when bending down etc.

I called the doctors a short while ago and she said they only have a couple of appointment left for emergencies. I said I'd see how I feel and call them back before 2pm if I deemed it an emergency.

Do you think it can keep until Monday as I see the midwife then anyway. Its possibly slightly low blood pressure, but would it do me any harm to leave it till Monday?

Thanks guys

cathym Fri 22-Aug-08 13:12:07

Sounds reasonably normal to me. I have to be really careful about not getting out of bed too quickly in the morning, or bending down to get something off the floor is always a really bad idea as I start to feel really dizzy and faint. I work at a desk all day and if I sit down for too long my back aches so when I stand up to give it a rest start to feel wobbly. Sometimes you can't win.
I'd mention it to the midwife to see if she has any suggestions but I wouldn't worry about it.

Minniethemoocher Fri 22-Aug-08 22:22:25

I had that one morning when I had slept on my back, felt really dizzy and light headed. Horrible!

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Fri 22-Aug-08 22:52:34

Could be low iron as well - eat some spinach and some floradix

MrsTittleMouse Fri 22-Aug-08 22:57:12

I have dizzy spells in pregnancy. My iron and blood pressure are always fine, and I think that it's just one of those things. It's horrible, isn't it? I'd be careful until Monday and not get out of bed in a hurry etc., although I realise that when you're a mum2beagain that that isn't always easy.

MrsTittleMouse Fri 22-Aug-08 22:57:14

I have dizzy spells in pregnancy. My iron and blood pressure are always fine, and I think that it's just one of those things. It's horrible, isn't it? I'd be careful until Monday and not get out of bed in a hurry etc., although I realise that when you're a mum2beagain that that isn't always easy.

TheHedgeWitch Fri 22-Aug-08 23:40:13

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now