Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5wks + 2 and suddenly don't feel pregnant anymore? Anyone similar?

(23 Posts)
FRAGGLE06 Fri 22-Aug-08 09:59:52

Hi

probably been googling too much, always a bloody daft thing to do. I knew I was pregnant before I did the test and my boobs were sore and I was exhausted and felt faintly nauseous. Last week I had a migraine and boobs were a bit sore still. This week I don't even feel pregnant, no tiredness, not a dickie bird. I have booked an early scan for 10 days time but that seems such a long time and was hoping someone could tell me this is perfectly normal and i'm being a paranoid fool.
Thanks

wellbalanced Fri 22-Aug-08 10:12:34

Well im 7+2 and have had no symptons from finding out im pregnant apart from sore/bigger boobs.
My boobs are feeling less sore but have gone up two cup sizes so its more comfatable wearing a sleep/support bra 24/7.
Im sure everything will be fine and try not to worry, sorry im not much help.

FlirtyThirty Fri 22-Aug-08 10:29:41

I'm 5 weeks with ZERO SYMPTOMS!
Absolutely nothing...no nausea, soreness, metallic taste...nothing! I am desperate for any sign that I have not made this up!grin

(Other than the 2 pregnancy tests!)

Flirty x

FRAGGLE06 Fri 22-Aug-08 10:33:17

Hey Flirty

Kind of glad to hear it, iykwim. Looks like we may keep bumping into each other.

It seems so silly to be desperate for some morning sickness but it would definitely make me feel better.

Oh and don't wish for the metallic taste. Had that with my daughter and it was awful. I had to suck on orange ice lollies all day long.

FlirtyThirty Fri 22-Aug-08 11:35:08

Think I'm imaging that my boobs have got a little bigger. It's probably just the bra I'm wearing! grin Will have to ask DH if he notices anything different...

One thing I have noticed...my nipples seems to be more 'alert' than usual blush.

cathym Fri 22-Aug-08 12:30:21

Orange ice lollies sounds good. I'm getting through loads of polo mints and fruit gums at the moment in a hopeless attempt at getting rid of the hideous taste. I think everyone at work thinks I have just developed a very sweet tooth.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Fri 22-Aug-08 12:32:20

Symptoms don't really kick in big time until about 6 weeks anyway so be patient! You will be wishing you had no symptoms in a few weeks

Cosmogirl Fri 22-Aug-08 12:32:52

Didn't feel anything at 5 weeks. Bang on 6 the unrelenting, all day nausea kicked in. Three weeks on and it is still going strong. Enjoy feeling ok while you still do I'd say!

FRAGGLE06 Fri 22-Aug-08 12:57:41

Thanks ladies, I feel a lot less worried now.
Funny really because I was so confident first time round.

lowrib Sun 24-Aug-08 16:43:40

Hi Fraggle,
I felt very pregnant at weeks 4 & 5 - really sore boobs, constant acid in my throat, and then ... nothing! No sickness or tiredness and my boobs felt normal.

I felt this way up until my 12 week scan, and was so relieved to see my baby actually wriggling about in there!!

I'm now almost just over 22w and have plenty of symptoms - heartburn, tireness, skin tags, finding drunk people really annoying (oh that's just a side affect of not drinking with them you say? I see!!).

Don't worry Fraggle, you're one of the lucky ones - not feeling rubbish, or puking at innappropriate moments is something to be very pleased about!

FRAGGLE06 Sun 24-Aug-08 16:53:59

Hi lowrib

Thanks for the post. Early scan is still days away and time is really dragging but it's reassuring to hear other peoples experiences.

Actually have been feeling tearful, snappy etc today so maybe a that's a good sign. Or I am just being a bitch to the poor husband. hmm

countrylover Sun 24-Aug-08 16:55:06

I agree - I felt nothing until two days ago when I hit 6 weeks and now I feel like I've been hit with a puke inducing steam train!

Grumpalina Sun 24-Aug-08 17:08:09

Don't worry. I was exactly the same. I felt naseaus when I found out (but not sure it that was worry or not) and then pretty much nothing. By the time I got to the 12 week scan I was convivnced I was going to get kicked out of the hospital for being a fraud and wasting everyone's time!!

Everything was fine and DS1 is now 8!!

inni Mon 25-Aug-08 08:49:12

Morning. Just found out yesterday I'm pregnant with my third (4w today). Really happy about it.For the girls that don't feel sick, well CONGRATS. You have no idea how lucky you are. The metallic taste in my mouth makes me sick all day and night. If I eat I feel sick and if I don't too. My two previous pregnancies I felt sick the whole nine months so it seems this time won't different, lucky me!! In another hand I don't feel any pain in my boobs at all. Still some period cramps and some brown spotting not often.

Raph Mon 25-Aug-08 10:42:20

Dear Fraggle
I really really empathise.I posted a similar thread recently. It is absolutley no help when people say I have had no symptoms either...except...and then go on to list a couple of major ones. It is also no help to have the competitive sickness brigade tell you how lucky you are. It is extremely distressing to be in your position, and go from day to day desperate for the next scan to reassure you of the prescence of a pregnancy, as you have nothing else to indicate that it is there. I wish people would take these concerns seriously, and I would implore those who are suffering with sickness not to use these threads as an opportunity to display their symptoms. Those without symptoms ARE NOT 'lucky'; they are scared and fretful and paranoid that their pregnancy is less viable and indeed ebbing away. Fraggle, both my pregnancies have been symptomless and I really understand your concerns. x

inni Mon 25-Aug-08 10:54:26

I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad. I'm profoundly sorry if my words have been taken in a different way that I meant. Thank for explaining how symptom less pregnant feel, I didn't have a clue of the fear. But don't think that I'm not scared, the symptoms don't assured you that everything goes well.

Teuch Mon 25-Aug-08 11:00:19

Fraggle - I know the days will be dragging until your scan so I hope you are finding things to distract you from your symptom-spotting!

Everybody responds differently to HcG hormone and, as we know, pregnancy differs from one baby to the next with many women. Some people have no symptoms at all, some kick in about 6-8 weeks and some have subsiding symptoms - which can really just be your body's way of adjusting to the hormone.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you are most definitely within the parameters of normal, and I hope that your scan provides the reassurance you need.

Good luck!

Teuch Mon 25-Aug-08 11:08:14

Inni - I'm sure your words didn't offend as such, just that pregnancy can be such a fraught time for everyone and sometimes other's experiences can touch a raw nerve.

It is often hard to judge from an OP whether they actually want a flippant, reaassuring pat, or whether they want the hard facts. smile. You just have to keep posting!

Having experienced a missed mc, I was incredibly nervous when I found out I was pregnant with my DS and another Mnetter told me this...

"We can either be paranoid and miserable and wish our lives away for the next few weeks, which won't change the outcomes of our pregnancies, or we can be happy and celebrate that we are pregnant, and if the worst happens then we'll face it knowing that at least we had a few weeks of joy."

And that goes for ALL of you!!!

inni Mon 25-Aug-08 12:05:04

thanks Teuch
I guess that being pregnant make us all a bit susceptible at some point. I'm really happy and love being pregnant. I think it's the most beautiful experience in the whole life with or without symptoms.
I have to say that the first three months are really scary and just want them to go by and start a more reassured and safe second trimester.

FRAGGLE06 Mon 25-Aug-08 16:06:18

Hi Raph, thanks for the reassurance. It sounds peverse but the dreadful sickness I had with my daughter was a sort of comfort. This just doesn't feel real yet and i'm sure my fears are compounded because I have wanted to be pregnant so badly for so long.
My daughter was a complete surprise and I didn't find out until later so this very early stage is new to me.

Inni - Not offended, I know that awful metallic taste well, hope you feel better soon.

Teuch - Ta, you sound like my Mum wink.

dharma Mon 25-Aug-08 17:38:08

Fraggle - I am also 5 weeks + 4 now! Snap - almost!
And like you I have no symptoms and cannot remember the last time round.

How have you been able to get a scan so quickly? Are you going private? I would like to do this and it would be nice to find out how.

Thanks

FRAGGLE06 Mon 25-Aug-08 17:46:58

Hi dharma

It seems there are quite a few of us. Have you joined the Ante Natal April babies thread?

I booked a private scan with Babybond. www.babybond.com I have read really good reports about them.

Take care x

dharma Mon 25-Aug-08 17:52:04

Thanks for the april baby thread - will check it out.

Thanks for the website too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now