Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy cravings... is anyone else craving their husband??

(24 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Thu 21-Aug-08 21:21:27

I don't know whats up with me!! shock

I can't stop kissing him, not just in an intimate way, but just wanting to be near him, touch him, smell him!

I just can't get enough of his smell blush I get huffy when he puts deodorant on!!

I've never been like this in previous pregnancies,

Have gotten more 'interested' in the 2nd trimester, but never anything like this.

I just feel so much love for him... its quite sickening hmm grin

biglips Thu 21-Aug-08 21:25:18

i was the opposite that if my dp came home from work smell sweaty...hes a window cleaner....i run a mile, usually i dont mind as hes got a lovely mans sweat smell but not stinky BO. Now its getting better (i think cos ive only got 3 weeks to go!!) wink

sleepycat Thu 21-Aug-08 21:26:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Romy7 Thu 21-Aug-08 21:26:43

eek. i hear it's quite common, but was never similarly afflicted grin
tell him to enjoy it while it lasts?

DisenchantedPlusBump Thu 21-Aug-08 21:26:58

His sweaty smell has never bothered me, its not gross BO smell, Ive always liked the smell he left on shirts etc ... but its like a complete craving... i wake up and bury my face into his underarm!!

lol

LittleMyDancingForJoy Thu 21-Aug-08 21:27:55

i've been having that - it's disturbing!

trouble is, by the time we get to bedtime, i'm too tired to fulfil all those promises wink

DisenchantedPlusBump Thu 21-Aug-08 21:28:40

It doesn't help that hes a scrummy,handsome, lean, toned 23 year old, pmsl..I won't let him see this, his head will swell too much!

He is enjoying it alot, i think grin

Romy7 Thu 21-Aug-08 21:39:59

omw. he's a child! i'll have to go now, or i'll find myself locked up with gary glitter...

LeonieD Fri 22-Aug-08 08:27:47

Message withdrawn

ChocOrange05 Fri 22-Aug-08 08:58:38

You guys are wierd! grin

babyinbelly Fri 22-Aug-08 09:21:14

dp believes that mens testosterone has a calming affect on women so maybe something to do with this. During ms stage had to have him near as much as possible as it seemed cure it! Now just feel very calm and safe when he's around and have definatly noticed his smell a lot more.

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 22-Aug-08 10:51:29

My theory is, with my sons I was pumped full of testosterone so was more inclined to punch him!

With this girl baby, I'm feeling more lovey dovey.

I hope he doesn't get too used to it,

I know by 35 weeks I will be a beached whale thats incapable of any substantial movement and after the birth hes got no chance for months! grin

LittleMyDancingForJoy Fri 22-Aug-08 13:44:42

oooo i like that theory, we're hoping for a girl this time round and I'm much more inclined to jump DP than I was with either of the other two pregnancies (both boys).

Fingers crossed your theory is correct! grin

woose Fri 22-Aug-08 13:56:39

I am completely opposite. I cannot stand my DH to be near me. He doesn't smell or anything. I feel quite guilty about it really and worry that he might notice me moving away from him all the time. I wasn't this bad before. Normally I am complaining that he doesn't cuddle/kiss me enough, now it is fine with me. Anyone else had this?

LittleMyDancingForJoy Fri 22-Aug-08 14:06:28

hello again woose! I was like this with my other two pregnancies, everything smelled rank, especially people's breath. Poor DP brushed his teeth all the time....

woose Fri 22-Aug-08 19:18:29

Oh I hope I begin to feel close to him again after the birth, otherwise things could get a bit tricky!!!!

LackaDAISYcal Fri 22-Aug-08 19:27:45

I'm with you woose grin

Mine works away three or four nights a week, and I find myself really resenting his presence in the bed at the weekend. Doesn't help that I can only get comfy facing out of the bed, and he sleeps facing the other way. If our bums touch in the night we automatically jump away from each other.

this one is a boy, but with DD I was like a nympho with attitude after the initial MS had worn off.

LittleMyDancingForJoy Fri 22-Aug-08 20:24:32

don't worry woose, you will, but it does take a bit of time for everything to settle down, so don't expect miracles!

LittleMyDancingForJoy Fri 22-Aug-08 20:43:12

sorry woose - thought you were a first timer unti i saw your post on the other thread! that must have sounded really patronising, please ignore me. blush

Slickbird Fri 22-Aug-08 21:03:38

Er...No.

But nice if you can both enjoy it! smile

rrrayray Fri 22-Aug-08 21:20:36

Quite the opposite for me.... until about a week ago i turned from a really affectionate cuddly person to sitting on the other end of the couch and not watching to be touched, cuddled, kissed, anything.

I mean it prob had something to do with my sickness and feeling icky, but even when that passed, my affectionate side didn't for ages.

woose Sat 23-Aug-08 14:31:50

DH has been sleeping in the living room for about a month because I got so fed up with him. Bless him!!! However, much better for me!!!

notcitrus Sat 23-Aug-08 16:42:47

Oh yes! My sex drive is through the roof but sadly I have very little energy to do much about it - but a lot of the energy I do have is being devoted to it! 37 weeks today and have SPD, so a fair bit of engineering and plenty of pillows are needed...

MrNC has always been quite soppy (he's the very definition of metrosexual), but I'm now even more lovey-dovey than he is. We've always been a huggy pair and like being stroked by the other, but it's got even more so. I've just read the Ina May Gaskin childbirth book which suggests kissing and cuddling in labour, which sounds worth a try, for distraction if nothing else.

We've never slept in the same bed (he's an insomniac, I need the loo loads), which might be why we like cuddling lots when we're awake.

Debs75 Sun 24-Aug-08 20:03:58

Yes weird though it is I have been really craving my man. My sex drive went through the roof and finally matched his but he got poorly and we couldn't have actual sex, just lots of foreplay and i couldn't get enough. Out of the bedroom i wanted to hold his hand all the time and be near him. Soppy huh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now