Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

so scared

(11 Posts)
surprisenumber3 Thu 21-Aug-08 17:54:28

Have just been to the loo and had a pinky discharge. Went again and there were 3 red strings of blood on the toilet paper.

Am 6 weeks today.

Am so scared.

Flightlite Thu 21-Aug-08 17:59:58

Oh pet, you might well be fine - it could be nothing. Have you rung your EPU?

They would probably be happy to check you out.

hi

pinky/brown discharge sounds like implantation.
the real worry is if you have cramps and lots of red blood and even then it doesnt necassarily mean there is anything wrong.
phone midwife/dr if you are really worried.
i would keep an eye on it and see if it gets worse or not
take care and try not to worry

onlygirlinthehouse Thu 21-Aug-08 18:00:45

it could be nothing, make a brew and sit down and try not to panic, easier said than done I know.

If it gets any worse go to casualty for peace of mind

Flightlite Thu 21-Aug-08 18:00:56

I was thinking implantation as well, is 6 weeks about right for that?

surprisenumber3 Thu 21-Aug-08 18:01:42

no, I haven't done anything yet.

I had bleeding at 8 weeks with first pg, but it was brown, he is now 9!

and a had a massive bleed at 14 weeks with second pg, that was due to blood vessels on the cervix, he is now 4!

But this is different, it's the red 'stringy' things that are worrying me.

Flightlite Thu 21-Aug-08 18:01:43

If you ring the EPU they will probably give you a quick scan. You could get their number through your GP surgery.

Flightlite Thu 21-Aug-08 18:03:35

Yes I understand. That doesn't necessarily mean they are anything significant - there are all sorts of fibrous articles hanging around down there, try not to panic just yet, they could be anything. smile

ShowOfHands Thu 21-Aug-08 18:05:54

It happens. It happens often. I had exactly the same, cramps too. DD is 15 months old, it was a cervical erosion. Try and remember that this happens in 40% of pregnancies. That's nearly half. Common. Very common. Please ring somebody if it will help. If it gets worse or you are in pain, you must ring somebody or go to a+e.

I know it's hard but please try not to worry too much at this stage.

surprisenumber3 Fri 22-Aug-08 12:37:07

Well the pinkiness stopped last night. No pain, feel so sick today so fingers crossed!

FlightAttendent Sat 23-Aug-08 08:59:34

That's great - hope things continue to go Ok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now