Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If your midwife predicted the sex of your baby by its heartbeat - were they right??

(13 Posts)
SugarPig Thu 21-Aug-08 17:29:46

I didn't want to know the sex but she kindly told me today that it sounded like a boy to her! Now I can't stop thinking about it.

donnie Thu 21-Aug-08 17:31:51

mine did - correctly!

MadreInglese Thu 21-Aug-08 17:32:27

Every midwife that listened to my bump said it was a boy (probably at least five different midwives), slower heart rate than girls IIRC.

They were all wrong smile

BoysAreLikeDogs Thu 21-Aug-08 17:33:12

Yes, both times

Although the HB method has no scientific proof, I think

<<taps nose>>

hanaflower Thu 21-Aug-08 17:33:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bogie Thu 21-Aug-08 17:33:20

sil was told right

SoupDragon Thu 21-Aug-08 17:35:47

Well, there's a slightly-more-than-50% chance she's right. Probably about the same success rate as my "look out the window until you see an animal. If it is a bird it will be a girl" method.

newpup Thu 21-Aug-08 18:01:14

DD1 was definately a boy according to her heartrate. My midwife told me hmm

There is only one way to tell 100% accurately ( wait until he/she is born) grin

ShowOfHands Thu 21-Aug-08 18:02:47

MW was adamant it was a boy. She doesn't look much like a boy.

chocolatespiders Thu 21-Aug-08 18:07:02

dd 1 she said was a girl- correct

dd2 she thought was a boy-wrong

I dont think they should comment on it really.... as it is a bit hit and miss

IdrisTheDragon Thu 21-Aug-08 18:08:41

The day before DD was born, midwife said to me how nice it would be for me to hsve two children the same sex close in age. DD was definitely not a DS2 smile

kazbeth Thu 21-Aug-08 18:35:58

My sil is a midwife and assured me I was having a boy .. I now have a beautiful little girl

Bunch Thu 21-Aug-08 18:38:54

My midwife said an unborn boys heartbeat sounded like a train and a girls like a horse galloping hmm. In all of my scans we thought the heartbeat sounded like a train and then DS was born but I think that was pure chance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now