Talk

Advanced search

Mears - anyone please? Question re possible waters leaking

(9 Posts)
bonym Wed 16-Feb-05 21:24:51

I'm currently 35 +5 pg and at the weekend (can't remember if Sat or Sun) I got up in the morning at felt as if I was leaking water - I went to the bathroom and there was a very small pool on the floor where I had been standing. Although I have had a couple of urine leaks when coughing or sneezing I was doing neither of these things at the time. Is there a possibility it could have been amniotic fluid? I have not had any leakage since (that I am aware of) and everything else seems normal. Someone else posted on the March thread to say that she had had a leak at 37 weeks and when she rang the hospital they took her in, discovered it was amniotic fluid so gave her antibiotics and induced her. As I am very keen to have a home water birth I obviously want to avoid induction but equally don't want to do anything that might put the baby at risk. Is it likely that the leak was amniotic fluid if it now seems to have stopped, and should I get it checked out?
Any advice gratefully received.

elliesmoomoo Wed 16-Feb-05 21:25:19

I REPLIED TO UR LAST MESSAGE

toomanypushchairs Wed 16-Feb-05 21:27:41

I could just be your hind waters, whatever that means but others I know have been told that. Sometimes I believe that the sac can re-seal itslef so maybe thats happened. But maybe you should get it checked out just to make sure there is no infection or risk of it!They may not induce you anyway, maybe they'll just monitor you.

mmmmchocolate Wed 16-Feb-05 21:28:40

so did i

bonym Wed 16-Feb-05 21:34:33

Sorry - posted twice by mistake!

galaxy Wed 16-Feb-05 21:36:18

It sounds like your hindwaters and this happened to me and I was called in for a check and gave birth 3 days later. Better to get it checked in case of infection.

HappyMumof2 Thu 17-Feb-05 13:22:03

Message withdrawn

bonym Thu 17-Feb-05 15:33:17

Thanks everyone for your advice - I did go to the hospital this morning and they did all sorts of tests + a scan and there don't appear to be any problems - reckon that if it was amniotic fluid then could have been a small tear which has now healed. Felt a bit of a fraud but it's good to be reassured - I didn't sleep well last night for worrying!

mears Thu 17-Feb-05 15:38:57

Sorry I missed this post but glad eveything is OK. Always best to get these things checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now