Talk

Advanced search

Mears - anyone please? Question re possible waters leaking

(5 Posts)
bonym Wed 16-Feb-05 21:18:31

I'm currently 35 +5 pg and at the weekend (can't remember if Sat or Sun) I got up in the morning at felt as if I was leaking water - I went to the bathroom and there was a very small pool on the floor where I had been standing. Although I have had a couple of urine leaks when coughing or sneezing I was doing neither of these things at the time. Is there a possibility it could have been amniotic fluid? I have not had any leakage since (that I am aware of) and everything else seems normal. Someone else posted on the March thread to say that she had had a leak at 37 weeks and when she rang the hospital they took her in, discovered it was amniotic fluid so gave her antibiotics and induced her. As I am very keen to have a home water birth I obviously want to avoid induction but equally don't want to do anything that might put the baby at risk. Is it likely that the leak was amniotic fluid if it now seems to have stopped, and should I get it checked out?
Any advice gratefully received.

elliesmoomoo Wed 16-Feb-05 21:22:25

I would suggest seeing your Doctor/MW tomorrow to allay your worries. Sounds to me like it could be amniotic fluid. HTH

charleepeters Wed 16-Feb-05 21:23:24

I think you should get it checked best set is to give your midwife a ring i lost some water when i was 35 weeks and i got it checked it wasnt leaking it was just baby had moved down so suddenly that some fluid had escaped i think my midwife said it was called a hind leak? but do get it checked just in case they may want to scan you to check your amniotic fluid levels they did with me. good luck x

pooka Wed 16-Feb-05 21:23:25

It can't hurt to get it checked out. Best to be on the safe side. Good luck!

mmmmchocolate Wed 16-Feb-05 21:25:40

I would also suggest seeing midwife/doctor tomorrow..

But my friend had this she leaked at 37 weeks and got checked over by midwife and the small hole had healed its self or baby was blocking it and she ended up going 15days overdue. So you may not be induced!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now