Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is 'nitebalm' safe to take in pregnancy for insomnia?

(8 Posts)
munteria Wed 20-Aug-08 14:17:35

Hi there

i have dreadful insomina (going to sleep is alright but i wake in the night and cant get back to sleep) and i'm only 15 weeks!

anyway before pregnancy i used a product called 'nitebalm' which worked wonders and doesnt make you drowsey in the morning. has anyone used this whilst pregnant?

The product contains - Lemon Balm, Passion Flower, Lavender, Hops & Valeria. I've looked up the individual herbs and some advise not to use just because they havent been tested on pregnant women (e.g. Lemon Balm).

can any one help?

AHB238 Thu 21-Aug-08 08:41:03

I would not use then hun if they recommend not to.

Have you tried having a lavender bath before bed, not too hot, just warm, a cup of horlicks and a few drops of lavender on your pillow. Always works wonders for me. x

munteria Thu 21-Aug-08 09:22:10

thanks so much. i've done whay you've said...and more. last night was awful - going to the doctors today. not sure what they will be able to do as wont prescribe sleeping tablets (i dont want them either) but hoping for a miracle!

X

LeonieD Thu 21-Aug-08 10:16:43

Message withdrawn

LeonieD Thu 21-Aug-08 10:25:13

Message withdrawn

munteria Thu 21-Aug-08 16:43:08

Hi LeonieD,

thanks so much for this.

had already been to the docs before i saw this post.

she has prescribed Phenergan (promethazine hydrochloride - another an antihistamine) to take for 10 days to see if if breaks the cycle. i'm really hoping it works!

X

LeonieD Fri 22-Aug-08 08:43:43

Message withdrawn

munteria Fri 22-Aug-08 09:15:10

thank you so much for the reassurence.

i slept much better last night, thanks, though a little groggy this morning but still refreshed!

X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now