Talk

Advanced search

birth ball?

(5 Posts)
BlueJellie Wed 20-Aug-08 12:10:31

I'm pretty sure there's loads of threads on this but I'm too lazy to sift through! I want to get a birth ball if possible but am worried about the sturdyness of them considering I'll be heavily pregnant! How much weight do they take?

tinkisnearlyhalfway Wed 20-Aug-08 13:25:39

i got mine from nct website is specially designed for use with pregnant women is made of very sturdy unburstable material

tostaky Wed 20-Aug-08 17:28:47

mine is a reebock one and it can take over 100kgs... i think 150kg but i cant remember for sure...

elibumbum Wed 20-Aug-08 17:48:48

I had a reebok one when I had DS. Much cheaper from Argos than the ones marketed as 'birth balls'. They generally come in 2 sizes 65cm or 75cm. If you are tall you will need the 75cm ball.

bikerunski Wed 20-Aug-08 20:53:17

You need to be sure it is burst proof. Reebok ones (Reebok gym ball, £8, Argos) are, cheaper ones aren't. Reebok ones comes with a widget to let you blow it up with a bike pump,

They need to be big enough that your knees are about level with your hips when you sit on it. I am 5'8" and have a 65 cm one. Much taller, and you'll want a 75 cm one, much less that 5'6" you'll want a 55 cm one.

Birth balls, pilates balls and gym balls are all exactly the same thing, but those marketed as gym balls much cheaper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now