Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

when did you start showing your bump? getting impatient!

(14 Posts)
eggybrokenoff Wed 20-Aug-08 08:52:59

I'm 14 weeks now and still no sign at all of a baby bump - all the books seem to think I should be needing maternity clothes by now! I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about, just wondered when other people first began to show?

Dannat Wed 20-Aug-08 09:00:53

I only showed in the last two weeks of my pg with DD, was most upset because I wanted a massive bump.

But then, with DS, you could see I was pg by 13 weeks. Then I just got more and more massive and actually hated my bump because it was so uncomfortable and heavy.

I know its difficult when you want the world to see you pg bump, but for the time being, I would enjoy being able to fit into all your clothes because it could be a while before you do again. By the time DS was born, I was literally living in 2 pairs of trousers and 2 tops and it was mightily depressing.

dinkystinky Wed 20-Aug-08 09:28:01

Remember when was pregnant with DS was so impatient to get a bump I started wearing maternity clothes way before I had to - bump suddenly sprouted at about 16 weeks and I was MASSIVE by the end (people kept asking if I was having twins....). Dont worry - you'll sprout at some point...

Now pregnant with no 2 and started looking pregnant at about 7 weeks!

CatIsSleepy Wed 20-Aug-08 09:43:28

well first time around i had a neat little bump by around 15-16 weeks
was as big as a house by the end

this time am already starting to bulge at 10 weeks

believe me there is plenty of time for you to get a bump! and then it'll just keep getting bigger and bigger and BIGGER and BIGGER....

<slaps self>

sorry

um, i didn't really need maternity clothes til around 5 months or so (then outgrew practically all of them in my last month blush)
hairbands around trouser button works a treat for a while and there are so many loose tops around at the moment you'll be fine for quite a while I should think

am looking into acquiring a tent for my final month this time grin

eggybrokenoff Wed 20-Aug-08 09:48:27

ok, guess I should enjoy this bit while it lasts and not worry about it. Honestly, I've been moaning for years that I'd like to be thinner. Now I'm complaining I don't have a huge belly!

CatIsSleepy Wed 20-Aug-08 09:52:05

grin

inni Wed 20-Aug-08 10:14:46

In both of my pregnancies I showed bump from the very first month, It's really weird though. Now I think I could be preg again and showing already.
Dont worry you'll show when your time is right

bethoo Wed 20-Aug-08 10:19:56

1st did not show til about 30 wekes then thsi one about 16-20 weeks, had a lot of water retnetion so stomach did not get bigger from 16-30 weeks! grin

PavlovtheCat Wed 20-Aug-08 10:21:27

About 12 weeks I had the faintest thickness of stomach, and that stayed there until about 24 weeks! Even when I gave birth I did not look bug sad!

PavlovtheCat Wed 20-Aug-08 10:21:29

About 12 weeks I had the faintest thickness of stomach, and that stayed there until about 24 weeks! Even when I gave birth I did not look bug sad!

PavlovtheCat Wed 20-Aug-08 10:21:44

big not bug blush grin

miffymum Wed 20-Aug-08 10:22:43

I didn't show much until about 20 weeks with DD. I can understand what you're feeling though - I was desperate to show off my bump and loads of people just didn't notice until I was about 30 weeks!

You should feel proud of yourself though - one nurse told me it means you've got strong stomach muscles!

bethoo Wed 20-Aug-08 10:22:52

you can check out my recent bump on my profile.

TheProvincialLady Wed 20-Aug-08 10:24:19

I didn't show at all until about 16-17 weeks last time. By the end I was HUGE. This time I was showing from before I concevedgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now