Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Fatigue - getting through the afternoon at work

(4 Posts)
diamonte Wed 16-Feb-05 14:40:32

i know i have felt overwhelmed by tiredness since i found out i am pregnant but at approx 3pm every day i feel like i am going to fall asleep at my desk. any tips pls - i have heard in the 2nd trimester this gets better and only have a few more weeks to go till this time

zippy539 Wed 16-Feb-05 15:00:46

Hi Diamonte - sorry no brilliant advice but loads of sympathy - the tiredness is just mind blowing isn't it? Is there any way you can stick your head out of the door for a breath of air - it might perk you up (or else you'll be found snoozing on the pavement... )

It will get better by you second trimester - just keeping trying to get as much rest as possible when you can.

bundle Wed 16-Feb-05 15:01:34

diamonte, it will get better. the post-lunch dip is bad for everyone, but much worse when you're pg. could you take a short break & have something slow-release (and yummy) like a flapjack?

diamonte Wed 16-Feb-05 15:09:29

yes been going outside for a walk (if i can manage it) and sometimes been going for a swim which is fine at the time but doubles up the tiredness after about an hour. think will go and get something yummy to eat (obviously plain) as cant stomach my else and see if that helps. cant believe this tiredness business am counting the days till it passes. at least the phone at work keeps ringing and keeping me awake at work at the mo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: