Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So fed up - get ready for epic moan (sorry)

(10 Posts)
MrsMattie Tue 19-Aug-08 16:21:13

Hi all. I'm 25 + 4 and saw my midwife today with list of niggles about how crappy I'm feeling, but everything obvious looks OK. BP is fine, urine is back to normal (had UTI last week, treated with anti-biotics), baby measuring fine for dates and active, strong heartbeat etc.

So why, why, do I feel like a piece of cold shit? I'm exhausted, breathless, relentlessly thirsty, got a sore throat, no energy, walking for 5 minutes/doing the lightest of housework leaves me feeling like death.

My SPD is getting worse on a daily basis despite physio and leaves me in a shitty catch 22 situation where I can't really exercise in order to feel good / keep the weight off, but sitting around all day leaves me feeling weak and will no doubt leave me with weak muscles and loads of fat post-baby (like last timesad).

I just feel so grumpy, tired, achy and useless. And I've got 15 weeks to go!

Booooo hoooooo

aurorec Tue 19-Aug-08 16:49:43

You poor thing... sad

Not sure what to say but hang in there! Any vitamins/supplements you could take to try to get your energy levels up?
Otherwise I guess the best I could recommend would be to sleep when you can.

Hope you feel better soon- and by the way that was not an epic moan by any means, there is nothing wrong about feeling bad and talking about it- I spend my life moaning these days.... grin

unclefluffy Tue 19-Aug-08 17:16:38

So miserable to be like that! sad I only have a thought about one of those problems... I'm 28 weeks and had a sore throat from about 25 weeks. Fixed it with an extra pillow. Turns out I was snoring, which is apparently not uncommon (why oh why did it take DH a fortnight to tell me?) and raising my head helped. Got even better when I added a long pillow to the equation to force me to sleep on my side. If you are having disturbed sleep, the 'endless pillows' solution might also help you feel less tired?

EightiesChick Tue 19-Aug-08 17:43:48

Lots of those symptoms fit with anaemia (tired, breathless, thirsty - at least when I had it) so have they also checked for this? Get them to do a blood test if not.

MrsMattie Tue 19-Aug-08 17:49:44

Thanks for all your replies. I just feel like all I do is moan, moan, moan at the moment.

Anaemia thing is interesting...@Eighties. I will get them to check when I go back next week.

Will also think about the pillow@unclefluffy. We're having our house rneovated at the moment (the stress of it isn't helping, I have to say!) so am currently sleeping on a mattress with crap pillow...sure that isn't helping!

aurorec - definitely need more sleep - or at least, better quality sleep!

zonedout Tue 19-Aug-08 17:50:12

oh mrs mattie i think you are me. or i am you. except that i am 29 weeks. but just wanted to empathise as i feel remarkably similar... am actually now on crutches for bad spd but that is because i ignored the early niggling pains and continued to do loads of breast stroke/run around after a toddler. but now i feel fat, unfit and generally yucky as i can physically do so little. and my throat feels like i have swallowed glass. and i feel soo knackered, thirsty and yes, tired, grumpy and useless!

the only thing keeping me going is that i still think this is the easy bit compared to when baby actually arrives. probably not a helpful comment at all but i am not good at prolonged sleep deprivation and have a tendency towards pnd.

oh cheery me! and oh, this has turned into a rant about me blush. hope it has at least helped you to feel less alone in your grimness grin

MrsMattie Tue 19-Aug-08 17:53:02

Oh deary me!@zonedout....we are twins!

I also had PND after the birth of my first child and am absolutely useless with even a single night's poor sleep. I'm in denial about the sleep deprivation at the moment. I'm just kind of sticking my fingers in my ears and going 'la la la I can't ear you' whenever the rational part of my brain starts thinking about it grin

sunshine185 Tue 19-Aug-08 18:13:11

i have been completely exhausted too was told it was normal, 2nd pregnancy, being older, running after a toddler etc but have been diagnosed mildy aenemic even though all bloods before where okay and i was taking pregnacare and eating loadsa red meat, dried fruit etc!!

anyway rather than take harsh iron tablets that block you up i have upped my iron rich food intake and taking spatone (natural liquid iron for pregnancy from boots) with orange juice in the morning and i am feeling much better!! maybe give it a shot??

chin up hon! x

zonedout Tue 19-Aug-08 19:46:29

grin at sticking fingers in your ears, mrsmattie. am also in complete denial about the reality of having a newborn and a toddler...

oh and just to get even spookier, we are also having major building work at home. the constant banging, dust, comings and goings and wee around the toilet seat hmm are definitely not helping the situation!

are you sure i'm not you?

MrsMattie Tue 19-Aug-08 20:56:16

Thanks sunshine smile. I have major constipation (sorry, too much info!), so am a bit scared of the iron tablets! Will look into the spatone.

zonedout - right, that's it, you are officially my MN double! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now