Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help pregnancy insomnia

(8 Posts)
beeny Tue 19-Aug-08 13:23:43

I am only 6 weeks pregnant and keep waking up at 3 or 4am.i am desperate please advise.

JessJess3908 Tue 19-Aug-08 13:41:18

Get a relaxation/hypno birthing CD to listen to when you're trying to get back to sleep?

whiteorchid Tue 19-Aug-08 13:55:51

Or try eating sth just before you go to bed? I had a theory that low-blood sugar was causing me to wake early (and v nauseated). A bowl of cereal before bed helped a bit.

PetitFilou1 Tue 19-Aug-08 14:02:14

Someone on our antenatal thread has tried reflexology which helped.

JessJess3908 Tue 19-Aug-08 14:14:01

Oh yes Whiteorchid's right - I often get up and grab something and that helps me get back to sleep. Try a banana, I think it's got something in it that helps you get back to sleep - works for me. Chocolate helps too, but is obviously very naughty..

I'm also burning lavender oil - but you're not allowed to do that til the very end of your pg.

beeny Tue 19-Aug-08 15:06:55

Thanks for advice didnt say anything earlier as trying to nap!

vogue1 Tue 19-Aug-08 16:29:07

Don't fight it. Relax, read a book, have a warm cocoa...it should help (it helped me and I was sleeping very well for the rest of my pregnancy).

beeny Tue 19-Aug-08 16:34:50

You are right am trying to fight it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now