Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

29 week blood test result - 'abnormal/no action required'

(3 Posts)
Mimsy2000 Tue 19-Aug-08 08:55:37

any medical professionals that could hazard a guess here?

i called me GPs office for my 28/29 week blood test results and the receptionist said they were 'abnormal but no action required'. obvs i am going to go there and get to the bottom of it all but of course i have to wait hours. in the meantime can anyone tell me what the hell kind of result that is!?

PetitFilou1 Tue 19-Aug-08 09:05:49

mimsy I'm not medical but could be low iron (or on the cusp of low) or .....are you rhesus negative and have you had babies before? I had a low level of antibodies in my blood but consistent with having had anti D before - so an abnormal result but nothing to worry about iyswim

Receptionists angry

Mimsy2000 Tue 19-Aug-08 09:20:28

i know, i can't believe they told me that over the phone. they were so blase about it all and were annoyed when i tried to probe the issue a bit.

i'm not rh neg but the low iron thing certainly jives with my tiredness!

arghh...i'm 30 weeks on thursday and my paranoia levels are off the chart. god i feel really sorry for my husband.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now