Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone know what a big biparietal diameter meaurement means??????.......

(5 Posts)
becaroo Mon 18-Aug-08 21:11:12

....I am nearly 36 weeks and have had a growth scan today which shows my baby has gone from a BP measurement of just over 50th centile to nearly off the top of the chart in 3 weeks.

Can anyone tell me whether I should be worried about this? FL meaurement has also gone down, as has the abdominal circumference. HC measurement is up slightly since last time.

In one breath the Registrar told me she was not worried and then in the next booked me another scan in 2 weeks...should I be worried?

Heartmum2Jamie Mon 18-Aug-08 21:37:36

I would like to know this too as the BPD was large on my baby at 22 weeks and have another scan booked for 2 weeks and want to know what they are taking about!!

However, to give you some reassurance, I don't think it is too much to worry about, even with the same machine, same equipment and same sonographer there is room for error when measuring depending on how baby is lying and how active he/she is.

Highlander Tue 19-Aug-08 13:22:50

head circumferance I think

slinkiemalinki Tue 19-Aug-08 13:31:44

diameter across the head - not circumference

Honeymoonmummy Fri 22-Aug-08 18:34:28

The midwife told me the femur length and abominal circumference are the ones they look at, the other two are not predictable...so don't worry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now