Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Itchy C-section scar

(3 Posts)
aurorec Mon 18-Aug-08 19:20:27

I am 38 weeks in a day's time and I've occasionally (including today) found that my caesarian scar gets really itchy.
It doesn't feel stretched, just itchy. Is it normal?

blondie14 Mon 18-Aug-08 22:08:19

not the same but i have a scar from a hernia repair and i have found that it has got very itchy towards the end of pregnancy even though was using all the lotions and potions under the sun. even though it doesnt feel stretched it will be, causing the itching. you may well see stretch marks appearing round the scar. the one thing that i have found that helps stop the itching is sudocrem (nappy cream). hope that helps?!

sherbetdipdab Mon 18-Aug-08 22:12:11

Hi, I'm 37 weeks and mine is itching like mad sometimes! Mine isn't stretched either, just sometimes I have to rub it, luckily the weather is too bad here to leave the house or else I wouldn't know what to do about it in public!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now