Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

REALLY short length maternity trousers?

(15 Posts)
EightiesChick Mon 18-Aug-08 17:52:03

Hi folks,
Where can you get short length maternity trousers that are really, genuinely for short people? I'm 5ft 1 1/2 (the half's very important) and yesterday I held up some of Mamas and Papas's 28 inch leg jeans next to me. They would have been well over my feet and impossible to wear. Any tips on shopping for the petite pregnant woman?

WombFor1More Mon 18-Aug-08 18:03:51

Oooh you're exactly the same height as me grin I agree that half is the most important bit wink

I got 3 pairs of petite mat jeans in the Next sale. They are just right, better if worn with heels but they have been the best and only actually, that have anywhere near fitted me. Might be worth a try. Good luck.

aurorec Mon 18-Aug-08 18:05:17

Try H & M they have lots of good trousers, you might be able to find something.

PeppermintPatty Mon 18-Aug-08 18:14:56

H & M trousers are always too long for me and I'm 5ft 3. I'm fairly sure they only make them in one leg length too.

Can you sew / have a sewing machine?

hanaflower Mon 18-Aug-08 18:23:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Upwind Mon 18-Aug-08 18:33:26

Thick question, perhaps, but why can't you buy the regular ones and take them up? Even if you hate sewing there is always the marvel of wundaweb!

I have the other problem, can't find any in longer lengths, and don't have that option!

Miaou Mon 18-Aug-08 18:33:59

How about 3/4 length trousers? I had a few pairs during pregnancy and they were great for me (full length on me though obviously!)

Kagey Mon 18-Aug-08 19:44:34

Hi,

I'm 5"1 and struggled getting black trousers for work but found Dorothy Perkins (in short) and Blooming Marvellous (in short) for maternity trousers really good. For Jeans I got them from mothercare as they were not too long.

Good luck in clothes hunting!

Kx

kazbeth Mon 18-Aug-08 20:07:31

I ordered some petite ones from funmum and found them to be a bit too short for me (I'm almost 5'4) so they might be good.

bessmum Mon 18-Aug-08 20:49:03

I'm 5ft nothing, I searched long and hard this pregnancy looking at all price ranges but struggled to find much. Last pregnancy mothercare did short length trousers that were OK, but not impressed by their choice this time. Next are the only ones that fit well and have to be ordered on-line, their petite maternity jeans and formal trousers are very slightly too long for me so should be just right for you. I also bought some very cheap linen trousers from New Look maternity and shortened them myself, I'm not an expect but they were only about £10 so I figured it wouldn't matter too much if I ruined them. Good luck!

lulu1414 Mon 18-Aug-08 21:38:44

Hi- I am 5ft nothing too and ao had the same problem. I also have found Next to be really good- their petite jeans are good- a little long, but just right with heels.

CarGirl Mon 18-Aug-08 21:50:24

I had the same problem, but worst of all I had a huge bump and struggled to get anything to fit and stay up. I ended up taking a few pairs up.

katiepotatie Mon 18-Aug-08 21:52:34

I'm 5"2, Next maternity short leg jeans and trousers were perfect

EightiesChick Mon 18-Aug-08 23:33:38

Thanks for the tips. Next will be my first stop though I will also give DP and Blooming Marvellous a look. smile

Upwind, in answer to your suggestion, I'm not a talented sewer but I did try using Wundaweb for shortening things a while back. Had to buy a new iron and one of our bedroom curtains is still 2 ft shorter than the other blush It's probably less destructive to try to buy some that are the right length to start with.

moaningminnie2020 Tue 19-Aug-08 00:25:39

Im 5ft1 and I've just bought some short length ones from DP which are good. Also wearing topshop short matty jeans from last time round which are fab, and got some over the bump ones from JoJo Maman bebe which are a bit long and fall down a lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now