Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What was this excruciating backache?

(3 Posts)
ellideb Mon 18-Aug-08 17:36:19

I'm 36 weeks pregnant and for the past few nights I have been woken up with what feels like backache/period pains. It hasn't been too bad until last night when it felt so bad I didn't know what to do with myself and just couldn't find a position that would ease it so after much ooohhing and ahhing I took some painkillers and was able to get off to sleep.

I'm puzzled as to what it is as I have been suffering with SPD so I thought it might be that but when I asked my mum she reckoned it was probably baby getting in a back to back position or just pressing on my spine.

My friend said that that was how all of her labour had been, back to back, with no contractions and continuos pain. So was it sort of early labour pains then?

sorry for the waffle and long post but can anyone help?

PetitFilou1 Mon 18-Aug-08 17:52:35

Sounds like early labour pains - you should get checked by your mw

ellideb Tue 19-Aug-08 16:31:22

Thanx for your reply petitfilou I went to see the midwife today and she said the baby was in the 'back to back' position which was why it felt so painful! I'm now spending some time on all fours with my bum up in the air and swinging my hips quickly from side to side in an attempt to get him to turn! I do not want to experience real labour with that sort of back pain again! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now