Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SPD - eight months after birth

(1 Post)
ellabellasmum Mon 18-Aug-08 13:20:05

Am desperately seeking some advice/reassurance from anyone who's had SPD continuing after birth. Boy babe - second child - is eight months today (big sister is three) and the pelvic dysfunction that rendered me bedridden from 20 weeks still persists. Every time I think I'm getting back to normal, I seem to get a flare up and have to rush to physio to be manipulated again/ spend hours on floor/ exist with hot water bottle clutched to back.
Am beginning to feel v bleak about it all. Babe is big - 98th centile ; breastfed - refuses bottle or formula ; and still waking many nights. Will stopping the feeding miraculously make it better (less relaxin) and what else can I do to help? Do physio-pilates exercises every night but my ideal of swimming regularly not possible with two children/husband doing long hours and no family support. I feel like I'm letting down my hugely active daughter as my inability to walk masses when I have a flare up means she doesn't get out to the park/out for days as much as I'd like. I want to pick her up, swing her around and run races with her, like other mums, but just can't do that.
Any practical advice would really help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now