Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning sickness is abating - can I resume running again?

(13 Posts)
dinny Mon 18-Aug-08 10:54:17

Am 11 weeks pregnant - had to stop usual running (2-3 times a week) when about 5 weeks as felt so sick. can I restart now do you think? or is it best to do lower impact stuff?

PetitFilou1 Mon 18-Aug-08 12:30:34

dinny you need hatcam resident personal trainer on here!

dinny Mon 18-Aug-08 13:07:24

will bump for her - thanks!

dinny Mon 18-Aug-08 13:50:43

bump for Hatcam

MiniMarmite Mon 18-Aug-08 14:19:38

Previous Hatcam threads might be some help:www.mumsnet.com/Talk/49/569360

dinny Mon 18-Aug-08 17:50:55

thanks MM

wombleprincess Mon 18-Aug-08 18:03:29

yes you can, presuming you ran before you became pregnant. i gave up at about 6 months.

dinny Mon 18-Aug-08 18:27:33

yeah, I did Womble - is it not too high impact?

wombleprincess Mon 18-Aug-08 21:36:22

nope. your baby is very well protected and the one thing you should worry about is falls and tumbles, for this reason i stuck treadmills and smoother surfaces..

i am still doing high impact aerobics, albeit very modified!!

you might find that your body has a funny way of telling you exactly what feels right and wrong. i pretty much knew when to stop running, didnt have a fixed date, just stopped feeling comfortable.

hope all goes well..

nadine

dinny Tue 19-Aug-08 08:40:53

might try an gentle jog later today, I think. thanks!

hatcam Tue 19-Aug-08 11:33:34

morning all

it's been a good few weeks (6/7/8?) since you last went running, so sadly I would say most likely no.

It's no problem to run in pregnancy at all, provided that it's something you've been doing before fairly consistently, but you have had a good break from it which was obv what your body needed.

Plenty of exercise you can do though, so don't feel you're doomed to couch-potato-land for the next 7 or 8 months!

WP is right as well, you will definitely know what feels right and what feels wrong - listen to your bod as it's really important...if it feels uncomfortable or just not right then stop. There are some hard and fast rules about exercising in pregnancy which I think will be on the earlier link (won't bore you all with them again!!).

and contrary to what your granny might say, aerobics/jumping up and down/squats/lunges won't make the baby fall out. If it was that easy I wouldn't be begging for gas and air in the delivery room! wink

I'm a total exercise geek so very happy to answer any questions. Hope you're feeling better and enjoying being pregnant. smile.

dinny Wed 20-Aug-08 10:24:54

thanks, Hatcam - maybe best to use Xtrainer and swim instead then....haven't run for about 6 weeks, you are right.

wombleprincess Wed 20-Aug-08 18:16:36

dinny, it didnt run for about 5 weeks cos i was knackered and got back to it ok.

n

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now