Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can u eat McFlurry's when pg?

(29 Posts)
spottyshoes Sun 17-Aug-08 18:25:19

There are no shops open and I NEED icecream! It's the nearest thing to it. I know you shouldn't have Mr Whippy but are McF's the same?
tia

onepieceoflollipop Sun 17-Aug-08 18:26:38

I think the "official" guidance is no, but obviously you can make your own decisions.

Apparently (afaik) those icecream/milkshake type machines are notoriously difficult to clean hence the risk.

Get a cornetto from a local garage?

spottyshoes Sun 17-Aug-08 18:37:02

Great idea! So much nicer too. Will send dh off on a hunt for an original feast lolly if they still do them grin

expatinscotland Sun 17-Aug-08 18:38:59

Oh, no, seriously?

I've eaten them all throughout my pregnancies with DD2 and with this one, too.

I crave them and all forms of ice cream.

onepieceoflollipop Sun 17-Aug-08 18:40:02

Trouble is spottyshoes that once you or your dh "discover" the delights of a local garage, you will be in there constantly. I used to send dh with lists of children's sweets and used to pig out constantly when pg.

Good luck with your/his search.

onepieceoflollipop Sun 17-Aug-08 18:41:52

oh expat sorry...I know that you (like me) enjoy the odd treat from McD's. grin

I thought they were fine, and I am sure I did indulge first time round, BUT with 2nd pg the midwife made a point of mentioning them as not being advisable.

Fried pies and fries are still fine though.

expatinscotland Sun 17-Aug-08 18:44:36

I just had one week before last. Mmmm.

Was a Smartie one.

DD2 was born in December and Mickey D's was doing After Eight McFlurries that were heaven!

belgo Sun 17-Aug-08 18:45:31

It's true those ice cream machines are very hard to clean. There was a study recently in Beglium of ice cream parlours (of which there are loads), and a very significant proportion of them were found to have salmonella.

I stick to ice creams that are pre wrapped - there are plenty to choose from after all!

The belgian version of cornettos are far nicer then the Wall's or Nestle versions - made with belgain chocolate and real cream ice cream. Hmmm.

onepieceoflollipop Sun 17-Aug-08 18:46:13

They are doing Wispa ones here at the mo...could send you one? grin

May not travel well from the Midlands all the way to you!

Also may I ask are you able to get cherry and apple pies (separately I mean, not a combo of both fruits?) We can only get apple now.

expatinscotland Sun 17-Aug-08 18:47:13

i haven't seen cherry ones in ages, only apple. last time i had one was last winter, in Greenock, Western Scotland.

'twas so good.

spottyshoes Sun 17-Aug-08 18:48:56

Oh no OPOL I'll be fine in resisting the local garage i have a friend who works in a sweet shop as I am very strong willed grin

I loved dairy milk McF's after DS was born. They were my breastfeeding snack!!! The reason I was tempted is they are doing wispa ones atm - mmmmmm

onepieceoflollipop Sun 17-Aug-08 18:49:46

Years ago they did cappuccino donuts (sp?) which were gorgeous, kind of had coffee buttercream (frosting) on the top. They discontinued them but I used to ask wistfully for them months after in the hope they might have a few in the freezer.

Ooh they were gorgeous.

belgo Sun 17-Aug-08 18:51:57

Wispa ones? Are wispas coming back? I'm in the UK next week and would love to buy some!

onepieceoflollipop Sun 17-Aug-08 18:55:03

I think that Wispas are coming back (there was apparently a 7 week trial last year) but I haven't seen any belgo.

belgo Sun 17-Aug-08 18:56:00

I hope they come back. Totallly missed them last year.

Turniphead1 Sun 17-Aug-08 18:58:31

Belgo - wispas have been and gone alas. I loved them and ate them regularly blush on their relaunch but they have gone again. Sob.

belgo Sun 17-Aug-08 18:59:34

sad

<stuffs self with belgian chocolate to make up for it>

onepieceoflollipop Sun 17-Aug-08 19:00:06

Turnip you are right and wrong I think. They did come back briefly last year, and then stopped again, BUT I heard (on mnet so much be true) that they will be relaunched again.

I hope it wasn't a Wispa troll being horrid as I will be v disappointed.

onepieceoflollipop Sun 17-Aug-08 19:00:41

must be true

Turniphead1 Sun 17-Aug-08 19:01:25

Ohh my goodness. It will be so bad for me if they come back again!!! Thanks for the info. Will keep my eyes peeled.

belgo Sun 17-Aug-08 19:06:18

yes they are coming back, in Octobersmile

onepieceoflollipop Sun 17-Aug-08 19:11:09

In the meantime keep your blood sugar levels topped up with the Belgian chocolate belgo.

<<wanders off as has discovered forgotten toblerone in kitchen cupboard>>

belgo Sun 17-Aug-08 19:11:45

smile I will do

Turniphead1 Sun 17-Aug-08 19:17:45

October - wow, that's going to get me through tghe third trimester...Wonder if Strictly Come Dancing could come back on then too. My life would be complete.

We can send you some if you aren't over in October!

spottyshoes Sun 17-Aug-08 20:03:38

angry utter rage angry

DH found me a feast but it was probably the only one in the whole world that had NO CHOCOLATE in the sodding middle shock

I am now so outraged I am going to email them and complain! And my free compensation box had better have chocolate in it! and the odd twister....Calippo's are nice too....grin

huff huff

Bring on October <waves wispa flag>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now